Used 2004 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Xterra makes for love/hate relationship!
By Nothead

2004 Nissan Xterra XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Xterra for about a month now and I am truly in a love hate relationship with it. I must say that I do "love it" much more than I hate it though. The power must be increased for this monster. The gas mileage must be worked on too, it really sucks to have poor mileage from a vehicle that has weak gittyup! I have to really step on it to make it get out of the blocks if I want to pass another car. Kinda wished I had waited to get the 05 model coming out nest year. Leg room is down right short for rear passengers. Front driver leg room can be improved too. I scrape my knees on the wheel each time I climb in even though the steering wheel is in the high tilt position.

Cargo space, stadium seating, big tires makes it ride high. Rugged looking. Plenty of AC outlets. Sound system not pretty to look at but sounds really good.

Improve the dash with some color please, very boring gage cluster. Get rid of the base model radio and make the "Fosgate" the standard radio if you really want to target the younger market! Better gas mileage pleaseeee! Lord know this thing needs more power to pull it's big butt up the road!!!

My first vehicle
By Brusko1972

2004 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my Xterra a week ago and I love it! fuel economy is terrible but I'm hoping it will get better after breaking it in. Anybody know why the 5 speed towing capacity is 1500lbs less than the automatic? Anyways, I'm glad I bought an Xterra because now my ride looks much better than my brother's Jeep Liberty and my mother in-law's RAV4 :-)

Exterior design, ground clearance and roof rack

Gas mileage is not very good for a 3.3L V6. My brother's 3.7L Jeep Liberty has better gas mileage

GREAT / POWERFULL
By LUCKY

2004 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I HAVE ENJOYED MY XTERRA THIS PAST EIGHT MO. MY WIFE LIKES IT BETTER THAN ME ,WELL SHE DRIVES IT MORE TO WORK AND GROCERY STORE ETC. BUT IT HANDELS GOOD ANDHASA WRAP AROUND FEEL WHEN YOUR DRIVING ALSO HAS A SPACEIOUS BACKFOR HAULING PLUS CAN LAY BACK DOWN FOR MORE ROOM IF NEEDED!

CRUSIE CONTROL,HANDELING ANDCOMFORT

BETTER GAS MILAGE

Good SUV for price
By Bmoreguy

2004 Nissan Xterra XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I actually bought my Xterra in January of 2002, I have always loved the look of the Xterra. I have been nothing but pleased with driving this vehicle from the day I have owned it. Its a great ride, great in the snow. Its large enough for my needs such as my business and for piling in my two labs for a fun drive out. I have only found two things that I am not very happy with and that is the horsepower, sluggish on takeoff and the gas mileage for such a small V6. I however still give the Xterra my two thumbs up. Nissan did a great thing when they came up with the Xterra. Thanks Nissan.

Rugged look, Roof design and basket. Love the gauges and color at night.

More Horespower and better gas mileage!

Best Utility Vehicle
By jhaskell

2004 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

If a fun, off-road worthy vehicle is what you are after, then The X-terra is for you. It is built for a purpose and fills it! Handles capably on the road, but was designed to be abused. Somewhat simplistic in it's design (interior specifically), but most places you take this the scenery is better outside anyway. Get an X-terra and USE it!!!

How it handles off-road.

Needs a weather-band radio. It is a little bit noisey on the road.