Used 2004 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Dependable!
By Valeriern2004

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My first Xterra was a total loss due to a careless driver who pulled out and rolled my truck. This vehicle was incredibly tough. I had a seat belt on and came through the accident without a scratch! I honestly love the Xterra. I feel it safe and reliable. I bought another. I love the look and know I can load up the dog,bikes,camping gear, and a couple of friends! It is a good buy for the 2004 models. I love shifting on the fly, it does well in the snow! This is a well built vehicle! I love it!

Favorite Features

The turning radius is by far awsome! Ground clearance, durability, safety, extremely bright headlights, versatility of the truck! Color choices, smoothness of shifting into 4wheel drive, and the body style, options for excessories. I love the grill guard and tail light covers!

Suggested Improvements

A bit more power to climb mountain roads, and the seating design in the back, the pop out cushions are not my favorite, (the 2005 I think has addressed that.

David's review
By Bowhunter

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Fantastic truck put 130,000 on a frontier..Xterra is nice, roomy and perfect for my business

Favorite Features

good sounding stereo...off road ability is excellent

Suggested Improvements

more power

Xterra Rocks
By mik922

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The Xterra has damn good looks and is very capable off-road. The only downside that I see is the fuel mileage at about 15 mpg.

xterra
By nickker

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

most dependable, comfy and fun to drive vehicle i ever owned...just wish it had a bigger fuel tank and better mileage...i admit it is the supercharged version and love to kick it at red lights but the overall economy is low to say the least....don't expect more than 13mpg city or highway....

Favorite Features

it is solid as a rock....finish is great, fit is like a swiss clock

Suggested Improvements

more power, more mileage per gallon....i can have both, right?

for the money, hard to beat
By unionjack

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Have had the truck going on three years. Other than a couple of minor recalls, no problems. Have driven several times across the country and put 60,000 miles on it in three years. It runs like the day i drove it off the lot. I have to say, for the money, you would be hard pressed to find a better deal on the market.

Favorite Features

great exterior look. I have the se/sc stick, performs great. As a former jeep owner, the xterra can more than handle itself off road.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage is my only beef, along with the suggested premium fuel for the supercharger.