2004 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
We love this SUV!
By MNH on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Great sturdy car. Lots of room for our dogs in the back. Great stereo system as well.

GOOD
By MHERRERAZ6 on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle, however second row spacing is limited (crowded)due to the stadium seating. Drives well in different terrains, however feels very light when windy and moves easily. Extremely easy to have an accident under these conditions. Overall satisfied.

First Timer
By Cucaracha Enojada on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV and I love just about everything about it. It snowed last winter and she drove like a dream. The controls are all within reach. The ride is pretty comfortable considering it's built on a truck frame.

Don't Be Fooled
By Fooled on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the truck thinking it was an off- road machine, wrong. Alternator died on me and the dealer said it was due to being dirty and wouldnt fix it under warranty. The truck has about 38k on it and it rattles like an Army truck. Gas Mileage is terrible. Installed a cold air intake and flowmaster and still don't have the advertised mileage. Highway miles average about 15.25 and city is 17.85 even with mods. Truck is sluggish at best on the street but does perform off-road. Watch out for front hubs coming un- lubed easily. DON'T GET THE 5 SPEED, i'll leave it at that!!!

Xterra: Built Nissan Tough
By Unidentified on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The Xterra so far is possibly the funnest, most exciting vehicle I've ever been in. I just recently bought the XE 4x4 5M. The thing is awesome!! Now, if only the gas prices would go down a bit so I can drive a little more!

Love Me X
By Shrubber on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I used Edmunds when looking for a vehicle so I thought I would return the favor. I have only had my X for about 4 months but I really like it a lot. I have had to take it back for minor non- mechanicalwarranty work twice, the lumbar support in the driver seat and the passenger window, other than that love it! I think it is important to know I was in a small pick up before. Gas mileage is about 17 for me in the city. This isn't a race car by any means but I think it is adequately powered. Love the exterior looks, and all back seat passengers have complimented the higher up seating. Problem is there are so many of them on the road now!!

number 1
By pollo_fuego on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The Nissan Xterra, is buy far the best off-roading/in-town suv in its price range. Although lacking in comfort during long road trips, the standard V6 offers enough power to get you anywhere. Good preformance on and offroad, I personaly have left many of my friends SUVs in the dust, weather on or off road. The best choice for the active, go get it lifestyle. I love it!

By MtnClimber on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

All around FUN!!! A great looking SUV and great off-road adventures. Drives well around town as also.

Excellent tough suv
By Goran Tomic on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent tough suv with smart interior design and excellent performance. Looks meet performance!!

good suv
By 04silver on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

this suv is good for offroading..gots good ground clearance. but has a few minor problems that the engineers has to work out..I only got less than 500mi on my X and my check light is already on..and it's not the gas cap..i'll have to take it back to the dealership to get checked out