2004 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Great Mid-Sized SUV
By tobymcgee on 03/07/11 11:23 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Xterra brand new and it was a great car until a patch of black ice and a telephone pole last week. Very safe vehicle, as I was uninjured from the crash. I had racked up close to 170,000 miles without any major issues, just your usual suspects (brakes, tires, etc.). Engine and transmission were still running great. The only thing I had noticed was the heater/AC blower motor would only work on high (seems to be a recurring Nissan problem, I've had it happen to 2 other Nissans). Other than that, a great car! I'm seriously considering buying another one to replace it.

Gotta Love it
By Bobo on 03/30/10 15:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love my truck. Its rough but its not meant for comfort. Nothing i cant go over and nothing i cant clear. TIGHT vehicle. Its a gasaholic. I knew that though when i bought it. Everything i would want such as more storage and easier fold down rear were addressed in the second generation model. Its a Ballsy Truck.

Head liner
By pellab on 10/16/09 14:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Nissan Xterra 05/24/04 brand new. My headliner is falling down on my head, I have to pin it up with tacks. I have noticed other Xterras in parking lots and most of them have the same problem. The glue on the headliner was not designed for Florida heat and this is a manufactor problem. Wrote Nissan but have not received a response

Strong @ kind
By Francisco Wisniewski on 01/13/07 07:32 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just love my x-terra, my wife is the lucky one, she drives most the time, now i have a 16 y old daughter driving, she doesn't wanna drive my old car, and i understand that.

T's "Terra"
By Chocolate on 05/09/05 14:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I've driven Nissans before and I always said that I would get another one. I went to the dealership to get an Altima and left with an Xterra. It is SHARP,CUTE and I know for a fact that all nissans are dependable. I have been looking at the Xterra since it came out in 2000. I have always adored it. It has great storage the seats letting down was also a perk. To me, it's a step down from the Armada. Yes, I said it. I have teenage and a school age children, plus a dog and we all love it. Try cruising in it on a pretty Spring day and everybody has a window. Then you will know what you are missing. This is 1 SUV that is worth the money. I chose this over Honda HAPPILY!!!

Gas Mileage sucks
By HCSD13 on 02/19/05 20:52 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This car is good for getting from point a to point b but anything else it lacks. You can get a better deal on a nicer suv. The car is actually not bad to drive but severely lacks in power and gas mileage. The most I have gotten in mileage on the road is 18 with cruise control at 65-70. At gas prices today, I would get another suv that's nicer even though they get the same mileage.

It Rocks
By Charlotte on 12/10/04 00:46 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love my XTerra. When it is time for a new vehicle, it will most likely be an XTerra. It has been so very reliable, and has saved me from being injured in a very serious accident. I highly recommend the XTerra.

rating of 2004 xterra
By hbaker on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

this suv combines a rugged truck style with a suv size. the ride isn't build for comfort. rough bumpy ride as a truck would have.

Love My XTerra
By CKCFirst on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I really love my Xterra. I got it mainly for the looks, the durability, and the Nissan reliability. I was disappointed that leather seats were not an option, and it is a total pain to have to take out the back seat cushions to lower the back part flat. It has been very reliable, and kept me safe and unharmed in quite an impactive auto accident. I will seriously consider upgrading to the new model of XTerra, in the next few years, after I get this one paid off! It is very competitive in price, and I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking in the mid-size SUV market.

Love this SUV!!!
By Da Bear on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My 2004 XTERRA is the funnest most exciting SUV I have ever owned. I completely enjoy owning it. Gas mileage is a little rough, but with styling like this, it just doesn't matter...