Used 2004 Nissan Xterra SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Great Mid-Sized SUV
By tobymcgee

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Xterra brand new and it was a great car until a patch of black ice and a telephone pole last week. Very safe vehicle, as I was uninjured from the crash. I had racked up close to 170,000 miles without any major issues, just your usual suspects (brakes, tires, etc.). Engine and transmission were still running great. The only thing I had noticed was the heater/AC blower motor would only work on high (seems to be a recurring Nissan problem, I've had it happen to 2 other Nissans). Other than that, a great car! I'm seriously considering buying another one to replace it.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Improved Blower motor

Gotta Love it
By Bobo

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love my truck. Its rough but its not meant for comfort. Nothing i cant go over and nothing i cant clear. TIGHT vehicle. Its a gasaholic. I knew that though when i bought it. Everything i would want such as more storage and easier fold down rear were addressed in the second generation model. Its a Ballsy Truck.

Favorite Features

Suspension, clearance,

Head liner
By pellab

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Nissan Xterra 05/24/04 brand new. My headliner is falling down on my head, I have to pin it up with tacks. I have noticed other Xterras in parking lots and most of them have the same problem. The glue on the headliner was not designed for Florida heat and this is a manufactor problem. Wrote Nissan but have not received a response

Favorite Features

Love the room for shopping and travel .

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage

Strong @ kind
By Francisco Wisniewski

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just love my x-terra, my wife is the lucky one, she drives most the time, now i have a 16 y old daughter driving, she doesn't wanna drive my old car, and i understand that.

Favorite Features

driving position

Suggested Improvements

if is possible, little be more economic

T's "Terra"
By Chocolate

2004 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I've driven Nissans before and I always said that I would get another one. I went to the dealership to get an Altima and left with an Xterra. It is SHARP,CUTE and I know for a fact that all nissans are dependable. I have been looking at the Xterra since it came out in 2000. I have always adored it. It has great storage the seats letting down was also a perk. To me, it's a step down from the Armada. Yes, I said it. I have teenage and a school age children, plus a dog and we all love it. Try cruising in it on a pretty Spring day and everybody has a window. Then you will know what you are missing. This is 1 SUV that is worth the money. I chose this over Honda HAPPILY!!!

Favorite Features

The entire car!!!! Has such a sleek, sporty look. I have the usage of a truck in the style of a suv. The space, i thought that when i stopped driving the astro van and starting looking more like a new-age mother, i would miss out on alot a features. I didn't!! It's just a different kind of space.

Suggested Improvements

More leg space. Rear a/c and heat. Much better gas mileage!! More room for storage for driver in front. I just can put my owner's mannual in the glove compartment. Where can i put my cd's or the holder, my shades/glasses. Small things like that. Suspension is a little rough, adapt over time!