2003 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: This suv is built poorly

2003 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Review

This suv is built poorly
By Dr. Barry on

2003 Nissan Xterra SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Since I have purchased this vehicle it has been in for repairs 12 times for numerous electrical problems as well as problems with the transmission, air conditioning, and rattles/squeeks. I filed a lemon law claim which was dismissed by Nissan and I am now in the process of suing them. It also gets horrible gas mileage for an suv of this size.I am extremely disappointed with this vehicle especially since I have owned many Nissan vehicles in the past with good results. I will never buy another Nissan again after seeing how they treat loyal customers that do have problems. I would urge anyone to think twice before purchasing this vehicle!

Sometimes the vehicle actually works as intended!

There is extreme wind noise,in gusty conditions the wind actually blows through the seals on the doors. The plastic trim on this vehicle was sun faded within three months of purchasing it.Overall quality control seem to be totally lacking and in need of improvement!