No Regrets!
By tssawy2 on
2003 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
I bought my SE 4X4 new and no complaints. Yeah, some people complain about the gas mileage, well, it's no Corolla but guess what no true SUV is. If you want great gas mileage, don't buy an SUV. But, I cannot say enough good things about this truck. It is good in city driving as well as perfectly capable in off roading situations. I get decent mileage about 19 in city, 25 on highway but I don't drive like a race car driver either. The interior is spare because that's part of the look. If you want luxury and 4X4 buy something else. Overall, I LOVE my Xterra and cannot seriously criticize it!
Favorite Features
Design, capability, reliability. Comfortable enough for moderate-length roadtrips. No nonsense character and straightforwardness of what it is... a sport utility vehicle meant for fun and utility.
Suggested Improvements
An intermittent rear wiper would be dandy, but adventurous folk can get one aftermarket. An easier to remove roof basket would be a good addition. Short friends of mine would like a ladder to get in and out but its the right size for me (6'2").