first SUV
By rocketboy on
2003 Nissan Xterra XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
The X is an Awesome SUV! I test drove a lot of other SUV's and the X just offers more bang for the buck. -Get the 4-wheel drive. As soon as you get it home you want to get it muddy. And 4x4 insures your ride home-not INTO the mud! -I bought the X with the stereo upgrade, but an in-dash DVD nav sys would be nice. I have a handheld and that is better for me anyway. (I can take it with me into the woods). -I like the engine configuration. It is mounted rotated to the left. This also allows easier maintenance for mechanical and electrical systems. The X is a very well thought out design and is truly driven by what's inside,the 24-year-olds that buy it.
Favorite Features
1.White paint-Nice and cool. 2.Roof rank is awesome! 3.Upgraded Stereo is nice/simply to use. 4.All fluid containers are clear- instant knowledge of leaks/problems.
Suggested Improvements
1.Replace the current engine with bigger Nissan 3.5 V6 (Maxima engine) and better fuel economy. 2.Receiver hitch should be standard (add $350 to the price or something). 3.The interior plastic-very minor misalignments at dash and the dash/AC/stereo interface.