2003 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Only an X-Terra
By DebbieQ on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

My first X-Terra was the first vehicle I ever purchased based *nearly* solely on appearances. Of course, it was Nissan, and I only buy Nissan, so I assumed that it would run forever as well.

Awesome Off Road
By bigutpile on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have not gotten stranded anywhere I've gone off road. The clearance is 10.3 inches (tallest in it's class). Xterras have an excellent approach angle. The fuel mileage is not bad (18.5)for the weight:engine size ratio. Get the SE/SC model if you can cough up the cash. Plenty of leg room for all 5 (five) passengers and room for lots of gear (for 2-3 people). Roof rack is sturdy with lots of optional attatment available from YAKIMA.com Audio equipment is awesome. A/C and heater work great. There is lots of room in the fender wells for big meats and turning radius is tight. Test drive one and see for your self, not just on the pavement either.

Excellent SUV
By Ken Anderson on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Very good SUV, if your looking for outdoor fun, with plenty of power coming from the supercharged versions. Have had no problems with this vehicle at all. Gas consumption is a little heavy though, so expect it if you're going to buy. Extremely comfortable interior and ride, given the fact that it is built on a truck platform. Good Purchase for those looking for a serious SUV.

Go Out & Getchu One
By Chubbs Paugh on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I had originally planned on purchasing an XE/SE model but opted for the S/C for all of it's upgrades (fat tires/charcoal rims/black&blue interior/and oh yeah, the supercharger. For those of you looking for an SUV that has the off-road capability of a Wrangler; go for the Xterra. It's a blast to drive. I didn't get the same excitement from the VUE, or the CRV. I reccommend these for the grocery getters out there. But if you're the type to strap some kayaks, or mountain bikes to the roof, the Xterra will get you anywhere you want to go.

Great Vehicle! Fun to Drive
By GGin on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2003 Xterra for a month and love it. I would highly recommend this vehicle for both on-off road conditions. It's a very comfortable ride. My wife was also impressed with the lack of blind-spots and ability to see on-coming traffic. The stereo system is fantastic and the interior is well designed. Overall, solid performance and comfortable. Have fun!

XTERRA ROCKS!!!
By BIGHEAD on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I HAVE ONLY OWNED MY 2003 XTERRA SC 4X4 FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW BUT I FEEL THE NEED TO TELL EVERYBODY. THIS IS THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER DRIVEN AND I COULDN'T BE PROUDER TO SAY THAT I AM AN OWNER. THIS VEHICLE RIDES GREAT, HAS ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES, AND RUNS LIKE A CHAMP. NISSAN RULES!!!

4x4 Granite Xterra
By rickmeister on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Xterra, I had a '02 Super Black 4x2, and traded up for a '03 Granite 4x4...what can I say, this truck is fun to drive, the 4x4 capabilities on the truck is pretty awesome...it takes rough roads and climbs steep hills...check out xterraownersclub.com and check it out for yourself...

So Far So Good, But...
By tommywo on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I've had my Xterra for just over a week and I love it so far. Still, I REALLY wish the steering wheel tilted up higher. I'm 6'4/300 pounds and the extra room would come in handy getting in/out of the car. Other than that, I have plenty of leg room. Also, my gas mileage seems to be pretty marginal at best. I'm hoping that it will get better as the engine gets broken.

wouldn't recommend
By brooke6425 on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE I4 Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would not recommend this vehicle for anyone with small children or anyone that plans to be using it on long road trips. The ride is so bumpy and on long trips it can get very uncomfortable. If I had to do over I would buy something more expenisve with a smoother ride and something that was quieter on the highway.

Xtremely Happy Owner!!
By XterraUTE on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I'm an extremely happy owner of this vehicle. I have done my research with other SUVs and came up liking the Xterra. This a very capable and solidly build SUV, the vehicle does double duty for me as my wife utilized it as a daily driver and then for family recreation utilizing it for camping/fishing go offroad to some places (exploring). So far we luv' the Xterra and hope to enjoy its usage. Highly recommend the top of the line model SE/SC model.