2003 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Xterra is perfect because..
By Yoon on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Xterra is perfect for a college kid. It looks cool, you can drive your friends around and you can do lots of stuff with it. It is designed to be rugged, and actually is. The only problem is gas effeciency.

Great Car
By marie on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first new car that I bought and I love it. It handles awesome especially in the winter, and it's factory rack is great to hall your skis on the top!!

x-terra
By kirvin on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

It is a great SUV. It rides really smooth and gives you a lot of neat features...but it still feels sporty.

The Harrelson's Review
By harrelsonjh on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We owned a 2000 Xterra for year and a half, when my husband total it and he wasn't even hurt. So we decided that we were getting another Xterra, but this time we wanted to upgrade to a 4X4. WE LOVE OUR XTERRA!!!!!!!!!!

xterra
By nickker on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

great ride....lots of get up and go...good quality construction

Nissan Xterra
By vbxterr on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I Find the Xterra is fun to drive. It outclimbs most other cars on the hills and find the it is a very smooth ride on the freeways... I find one piece of equipment missing in the vehicle though and that would be an oil pressure gauge.. I would much prefer this to the standard idiot light that usually tells you when it is too late. The service through the dealer has been outstanding too. I would buy another one if I ever need too. But I feel that my xterra and I will be together for a long time...

fIND A DIFFERENT SUV
By CHAD on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

WATCH THIS TRUCK! PLEASE LOOK ONLINE AT OTHER USERS THAT HAVE HAD THIS SUV OVER A YEAR. BY STATS, MOST PEOPLE DO NOT KEEP THIS SUV OVER TWO YEARS AND SHOW A LOT OF COMPLAINTS AFTER 60K MILES. I HAD TO TAKE MY TRUCK BACK 3 TIMES TO FINALLY GET THE BRAKES TO FEEL NORMAL. I DONT THINK MY ABS IS WORKING ANYMORE AFTER BRAKE FIX TIRES LOCKUP NOW. THE SOUND WHEN I COLD START THE TRUCK, THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR ABOUT THREE MONTHS. WINDOWS RATTLE. BAD GAS MILEAGE TOO - 16 TO 17. MY COWORKER AND I ARE BOTH LOOKING FOR A NEW VEHICAL TO WARRANT SOME PC OF MIND. FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO BUY. PLEASE CHECK MY SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS!!!!

Great Vehicle
By sfherrmann on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I drove a Jeep Wrangler for the past several years and I was worried about how I would like this type of vehicle since I was used to a small rugid vehicle. I am so happy that I decided to get the Exterra. It is an awsome car with a great ride and it handles beautifully. I would buy this car again in a second.

love my truck!
By monsoon on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I love this truck! I am a traveling nurse who loves the outdoors. this truck has worked out great for me. I have not had problems at all and the price was reasonable.

Cool but needs metal
By Almaguer on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I like the Xterra, it's a life style choice.