2003 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Xterra Rocks
By Signs on 04/13/06 10:37 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted tough style (didn't want people to confuse it with a family car), storage space (for weekend get- aways), dependability, and the feel of fun when driving anywhere. I got all four. My SE trim Super Black Xterra is still to me the best looking SUV around, with its brash and bold look and its shine when the Super black color is waxed, along with the tall charcoal wheels and rugged tires with the raised white letters. It drives like a Truck, which suits this TEXAN just fine.

opinion
By fernandez on 02/18/06 08:18 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

car performance good.excellent for snow driving. turns easily. compares to others cars. poor gas mileage.

Can't be happier
By MLB on 01/24/06 13:50 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have never had a single problem with my Xterra. The gas mileage is not the best, but I knew that going in. This type of truck is going to be thirsty. I take it in for every service and that seems to be helping since like I said NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!! I would recomend this to everyone.

nissan xterra
By varo on 01/21/06 16:35 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE I4 Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

everyone knows the Nissan Xterra that its reliable, strong and vary roomy. i haven't had avy problems with the car even though gas intake could be better but that goes far any car....

Luv my Xterra !
By Kelly in Charleston on 12/01/05 15:08 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I am past the "soccer mom" stage and wanted something FUN to drive. My entire family drives, or has previously driven, Nissans so the choice was easy. I would only trade my 2003 Xterra for a new one. It is the perfect weekend and/or tailgate vehicle. The seats are a bit uncomfortable but the Rockford Fosgate stereo ROCKS ! You don't buy an Xterra for the mileage but it is as good or better than most SUV's. I highly recommend the Nissan Xterra !

Could not ask for more
By MLB on 10/21/05 00:24 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have driven my Xterra for 35,000 miles and have not had a single problem as of yet. I would recomend this suv to anyone, it is fun to drive, rugged, and very reliable so far. The only detractor is the fact that an suv drinks so much gas. Although, the gaas is fine for a typical suv.

03 Xterra
By Brian on 06/16/05 08:38 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

My Xterra has been a great looking, fun to drive, & reliable SUV. It's the perfect mix of weekend off-road capability and mid week commuting comfort & reliability.

Good SUV if you like'm
By evilone on 04/22/05 14:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

All my ratings we're based off of the several SUV's and trucks that I've driven from an Explorer, Expedition, Tahoe, Denali XL, Jimmy, Ranger, F150, C1500, and CRV. The Xterra is its own vehicle and that's why it shines. The mileage and highway driving are not fun. I fear merging with this car b/c of the lack of power. But the sheer massive truck presence of the Xterra makes up for it. The hard engine sounds and road noise from crusing at 65mph sometimes does bother me especially when I see my gas tank meter drop. Going w/o a LSD was a big mistake. Interior is shabby but its a truck what do you expect. Overall a good performing truck however, I'm starting to realize I like small cars.

The Best SUV for the bucks
By Mikey Knows on 03/24/05 16:27 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Before I bought the Xterra I did a lot of research. I needed an SUV with 4wd that was under $30,000 that was big enough for a family of 4. The gas mileage for the V-6 is not the best, but if you want better mileage then you're stuck with a 4 cyl micro SUV with little cargo space.Cargo space kicks butt in the Xterra compared to other SUVs below $30k & the roof rack is SOLID TUBE METAL not flimsy plastic.I strapped lumber, doors, & other big stuff with no problems(Max weight is 20lb) You do have to remove the rear seat bottoms to have the seats fold flat,which is good and bad.The Xterra drives like a 4x4 truck,it is no where as bad as a jeep. But like a jeep you will never get stuck in snow & mud.

great SUV
By ARM2C on 03/16/05 13:19 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely LOVE my xterra. Everything from the inside to the outside. I love the way it sets up really high off the road. It makes seeing around traffic easy. I love everything...everything...except the gas mileage. I am trying to decide if I should sell it and buy something with better gas milage. I am so torn because I love my Xterra. If gas milage is not an issue... you will LOVE the xterra. I get about 15 mpg. I have owned 3 maximas and put 250,ooo miles on each.... So to me the name NISSAN says it all. The durability will outstand any of the competitors by far.....