Used 2003 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Only an X-Terra
By DebbieQ

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

My first X-Terra was the first vehicle I ever purchased based *nearly* solely on appearances. Of course, it was Nissan, and I only buy Nissan, so I assumed that it would run forever as well.

The X-Terra just looks great! Also-- it dresses up really well. A cattle- guard and all the fixings make mine (I think) one of the nicest SUVs on the road.

Awesome Off Road
By bigutpile

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have not gotten stranded anywhere I've gone off road. The clearance is 10.3 inches (tallest in it's class). Xterras have an excellent approach angle. The fuel mileage is not bad (18.5)for the weight:engine size ratio. Get the SE/SC model if you can cough up the cash. Plenty of leg room for all 5 (five) passengers and room for lots of gear (for 2-3 people). Roof rack is sturdy with lots of optional attatment available from YAKIMA.com Audio equipment is awesome. A/C and heater work great. There is lots of room in the fender wells for big meats and turning radius is tight. Test drive one and see for your self, not just on the pavement either.

Off road capabilities and interior room are the two best features of this rig.

Instrument panel lenses that don't scratch when they are repeatedly cleaned and an improved MPG.

Excellent SUV
By Ken Anderson

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Very good SUV, if your looking for outdoor fun, with plenty of power coming from the supercharged versions. Have had no problems with this vehicle at all. Gas consumption is a little heavy though, so expect it if you're going to buy. Extremely comfortable interior and ride, given the fact that it is built on a truck platform. Good Purchase for those looking for a serious SUV.

6-Disc CD, Suspension, Roomy Interior, Smooth ride, Body Style.

More power, I can never get enough!, and nothing else!!

Go Out & Getchu One
By Chubbs Paugh

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I had originally planned on purchasing an XE/SE model but opted for the S/C for all of it's upgrades (fat tires/charcoal rims/black&blue interior/and oh yeah, the supercharger. For those of you looking for an SUV that has the off-road capability of a Wrangler; go for the Xterra. It's a blast to drive. I didn't get the same excitement from the VUE, or the CRV. I reccommend these for the grocery getters out there. But if you're the type to strap some kayaks, or mountain bikes to the roof, the Xterra will get you anywhere you want to go.

Supercharger,exterior design,driver's commanding view,seat position,Rockford Fosgate 6-CD (in-dash) system,"stadium style" rear seating. The 4-wheel drive system is as dependable as a mountain goat.

I'm not even going to complain about the gas mileage; it's a truck, that comes with the territory.

Great Vehicle! Fun to Drive
By GGin

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2003 Xterra for a month and love it. I would highly recommend this vehicle for both on-off road conditions. It's a very comfortable ride. My wife was also impressed with the lack of blind-spots and ability to see on-coming traffic. The stereo system is fantastic and the interior is well designed. Overall, solid performance and comfortable. Have fun!

Overall, solid performance on-off road, very quiet ride, lots of storage, and great stereo system

Improve gas mileage, but then again it's a SUV. What do you expect? I haven't used the sun-roof (funtional?) yet because I prefer the on-roof storage carriage.