Used 2003 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

The Harrelson's Review
By harrelsonjh

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We owned a 2000 Xterra for year and a half, when my husband total it and he wasn't even hurt. So we decided that we were getting another Xterra, but this time we wanted to upgrade to a 4X4. WE LOVE OUR XTERRA!!!!!!!!!!

Sporty look.

xterra
By nickker

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

great ride....lots of get up and go...good quality construction

jumps outa red lights and cruises well on the interstate

v-8

Nissan Xterra
By vbxterr

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I Find the Xterra is fun to drive. It outclimbs most other cars on the hills and find the it is a very smooth ride on the freeways... I find one piece of equipment missing in the vehicle though and that would be an oil pressure gauge.. I would much prefer this to the standard idiot light that usually tells you when it is too late. The service through the dealer has been outstanding too. I would buy another one if I ever need too. But I feel that my xterra and I will be together for a long time...

love the get up and go it has on and off road...

add oil pressure gauge to the interior drivers side gauges..

fIND A DIFFERENT SUV
By CHAD

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

WATCH THIS TRUCK! PLEASE LOOK ONLINE AT OTHER USERS THAT HAVE HAD THIS SUV OVER A YEAR. BY STATS, MOST PEOPLE DO NOT KEEP THIS SUV OVER TWO YEARS AND SHOW A LOT OF COMPLAINTS AFTER 60K MILES. I HAD TO TAKE MY TRUCK BACK 3 TIMES TO FINALLY GET THE BRAKES TO FEEL NORMAL. I DONT THINK MY ABS IS WORKING ANYMORE AFTER BRAKE FIX TIRES LOCKUP NOW. THE SOUND WHEN I COLD START THE TRUCK, THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR ABOUT THREE MONTHS. WINDOWS RATTLE. BAD GAS MILEAGE TOO - 16 TO 17. MY COWORKER AND I ARE BOTH LOOKING FOR A NEW VEHICAL TO WARRANT SOME PC OF MIND. FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO BUY. PLEASE CHECK MY SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS!!!!

STYLE AND COMFORT OF SEATS CAUGHT ME. I THOUGHT AFTER THE POWERFUL ENGINES THEY HAVE IN THERE ALTIMAS THAT THIS ENGINE WOULD BREAK IN.

BRAKE PROBLEMS, WINDOW PROBLEMS, NOISES FROM THE A\C AND LOUD SOUNDS AT STARTUP.

Great Vehicle
By sfherrmann

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I drove a Jeep Wrangler for the past several years and I was worried about how I would like this type of vehicle since I was used to a small rugid vehicle. I am so happy that I decided to get the Exterra. It is an awsome car with a great ride and it handles beautifully. I would buy this car again in a second.

The stereo is the best feature on the car. It is great sounding.

The only thing I can complain about is that there is not enough driver leg room.

• SUV