2003 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Sweet Ride
By Willith on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my second Xterra, I had a 2000 XE 4X4 for trade. I loved my old one, but wanted the extra 40 HP from the S/C and it's really nice to have it. I noticed that this one has a lot more of a bouncy ride than my last one; it might be from the bigger tires and rims or maybe a different suspension. The S/C gives it a lot of power off the line and it's nice for passing. I only have about 500 miles on it so far and haven't really driven it on the highway too much, so can't comment on that or long drives. Like others have said I wish it got better gas mileage.

Happy Consumer
By jordan on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I've had my '02 XE S/C 4wd for just over 6 months now, and I couldn't be happier. I'm coming from a '96 Blazer that was as reliable and fun as anyone could ask, but I don't miss it a bit. My only complaint about the Xterra is having to remove the back seat cushions to fold them down flat. They either take up space or you have to leave 'em at home. Other than that the truck rides great and is a blast to drive. I couldn't ask for more. I would recommend this truck to anyone who seriously uses their SUV like a truck, but still wants to be able to get from point A to point B in comfort and with some fun.

ALMOST perfect
By Xterragirl on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I like the style of the Xterra..it is fairly comfortable and I enjoy the ride. I do however miss the LITTLE things that my Maxima had..the Xterra has no drivers side vanity mirror, the passenger one doesn't have a light. I miss having a power/heated seat which is not an option on the Xterra. I miss the cass/cd combo and the light in my glove box that the Maxima offered. Other than those little things I am very pleased with the vehicle.

This suv is built poorly
By Dr. Barry on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Since I have purchased this vehicle it has been in for repairs 12 times for numerous electrical problems as well as problems with the transmission, air conditioning, and rattles/squeeks. I filed a lemon law claim which was dismissed by Nissan and I am now in the process of suing them. It also gets horrible gas mileage for an suv of this size.I am extremely disappointed with this vehicle especially since I have owned many Nissan vehicles in the past with good results. I will never buy another Nissan again after seeing how they treat loyal customers that do have problems. I would urge anyone to think twice before purchasing this vehicle!

Love this car!!!
By dallasgirl on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The only complaint I have about this vehicle is the gas mileage... but I knew that going in. This SUV is great... I would recommend it to anyone looking for this size SUV.

Great All Around Vehicle
By bstakes21 on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I had my Xterra for about a week now, and I absolutely love it. Good on-road and great off-road hanlding. Some of us SUV buyers actually don't mind the "truck like" ride. Let the soccer moms drive the cute 'utes, but if you want a great looking vehicle, which is a blast to drive, this is the choice for you.

Absolutely wonderful SUV
By joshua on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had three other SUV's, and this one tops them all in performance, comfort and reliability!!!

Xterra the better choice
By Reiko on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

superb handling and fun to drive. Very durable. Has all nessasary options without going overboard to add what you don't really need. Would definatly buy again. Former vehicle was Dodge Durango.

Bullet proof and fun to drive
By Marc on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

After doing much research in the mini to mid size SUV market I ended up with the Xterra for multiple reasons: For starters, it is a blast to drive, extremely versatile (Have carried a snowblower, several of my friends couches, pulled large boats and tent trailers and never got stuck in mud or snow), and extremely reliable. Apart form regular maintenance, I have yet to have any problems with it. The only down side would be it's thirst for fuel (Especially with the rising prices), but did not expect to get much better with much else out there that has it's versatility and capabilities.

Driven into the Ground
By 4 Sale Cheap on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Canteen 4x2 Xterra with all options (fosgate stereo rocks!) without thinking that i would want 4wd or Supercharged. Buyers remorse settled in. i an thinking about selling mine and trading up. I am 16, so trust me, the X has great handling. i would have rolled half the other SUV's already, and the turning radius is amazing.