2003 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
My X
By kylefesette on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

i love my X and would recommend it to anyone...

xterrible power
By pattermike on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I realize that fuel economy is something you usually trade for the power you get from an SUV, but the Nissan Xterra drinks gas like water, and still has trouble picking up enough speed to merge onto a highway without getting rear ended. This truck is competent to get me to and from work everyday, but I'm hardly impressed by the way the engine races before kicking in everytime I ask it to get me someplace in a hurry. I reccomend going for the supercharged model. Also, why does the steering wheel have to be so close to the seat? There is barely enough room for your legs, even after you adjust it.

true fun
By ds532 on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This vehicle is the best I've ever had. I am impressed with its performance off road and on icy snowy roads. I only had to use the four-wheel drive on a few occasions. The limited slip rear differential helps greatly.

Me? Rugged?
By kat4noles on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am not the rugged type, but this car has let me feel like I'm a sporty, outdoorsy type. In actuality, I don't even own a bike, but I feel like everytime someone sees me driving it they're thinking, "Wow, I bet that girl knows how to have fun!"

Great SUV!
By Whade on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2003 Xterra for 3months now. I haggled with the salesman and payed $24,600 for a Silver 4x4 SE, with floormats, and microcabin filter. The Xterra has adequate power, great features, and seems very durable. I have had no problems and have no complaints. The ride is very smooth in the Xterra as the wheels absorb any potholes or bumps you might hit rather well. Cabin noise is also very quiet.The instrument panel is well laid out an I especially like the radio controls on the steering wheel. The Xterra is a solid vehicle and provides a good view of the road. It also provides good acceleration and I'm able to merge and pass traffic easily.

Ok for the money
By Dawson1 on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle is ok. It tends to drink a lot of gas, and thn engine is not that large. The windows sometimes radle when the car hits rough spots. I also wish the tank was larger, that would cut down on the requent fill ups. All a round it is an ok vehicle.

Fun to drive, need gas tanker to follow
By Ducati Racer on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

We waited for the supercharged version to come out and are very glad we did. We picked up the electric blue, stnadard for the family and to tow my ducati on an open trailer for racing. In texas the roads are fast, so 80mpg is pretty normal and no problem with the trailer and loaded with gear. Gas milage is another issue. I get 120- 140 miles on a tank and 9mpg when towing. Ouch! Price was great for what we were looking for as well.

Swiss Army Xterra
By Ren da Canadian on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

After comparing all the small and midsized SUV out there, this one stood out. First, it's a REAL SUV based on a truck (Frontier). Second, it has the bas tow load (5,000lbs) and Third, the most exciting look. My wife and I bought the Xterra to do many duties include hauling my tools/building materials and traveling in any condition. Our Solar Yellow Xterra stands out from all the cute 'utes and posers. The HID lights light up everything for miles too! If you are looking for a serious mid/small SUV take a look at the Xterra.

Lot of BANG for the BUCK
By BigJbren on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove many SUV's in this price range and the standard features on the Nissan Xterra XE make it amazing. AC, CD, Roof Rack, Running Boards, ect. It comes with alot!! To me the Xterra gives a very nice ride, great handling, and is very practical with many hooks in the back to tie down items, and i love how the rear seats fold flat!! GREAT VEHICLE

Definitely up to expectations
By prshea3 on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have nothing but good things to say about my Xterra. I've owned it for 3 months now, and the only thing I could complain about is gas mileage -- but I knew that going into the deal. The 4WD is terrific -- 12"+ snow banks were no problem at all this winter. The various tie-down points and metal hooks around the cabin are great for securing anything. And the heavy-duty rubber floor mats are a must-have -- they've kept the dirt, salt, and sand off of the carpeted floors.