2003 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Cant WAIT to get rid of it!
By crzymomma on 06/02/12 01:54 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing but trouble! For starters, the a/c sucks! I blow cooler air then my Xterra. We have had the a/c charged & it made the issue worse. It also doesnt blow hard enough for my kids in the back seat to even feel it at all. The sunroof leaks. Ive replaced the starter, battery, connector cables, timing belt, and radiator multiple times & we still get stranded. It doesnt crank 50% of time. Was told it has mechanical issues. Im waiting on it to catch fire!The front grey bumper fades & chips & looks awful! & the sad thing is, we just now hit 103,000 miles. The window motors are going out & the seal on windows leak and make lots of air noise when driving. I hate this thing! My kids hate it too!

Love our X!
By mistfairy on 02/29/08 22:29 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This suv is fun to drive! It has lots of room for all your stuff, even when we had our first child. Infant and toddler car seats fit - but snugly. Unfortunatly the back doors do not open wide enough. It can be tricky getting an infant seat in and out. Has enough pick up and go to really move.

Xterra Rocks
By Signs on 04/13/06 10:37 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted tough style (didn't want people to confuse it with a family car), storage space (for weekend get- aways), dependability, and the feel of fun when driving anywhere. I got all four. My SE trim Super Black Xterra is still to me the best looking SUV around, with its brash and bold look and its shine when the Super black color is waxed, along with the tall charcoal wheels and rugged tires with the raised white letters. It drives like a Truck, which suits this TEXAN just fine.

more power
By joelmart on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

After one year and 12k miles, nothing's gone wrong. Pros: I love the rugged look of the outside, the big tires, the material of the cloth interior, the stadium type seating on the back. Cons: It needs more power (I guess they knew that, look at the 2005 X), intermitent rear wipers, the plastic console looks cheap and the roof rack, although very nice looking and sturdy, could use some more rings to hook up straps. Overall, I'm very happy with the truck. Look forward to the '05.

Excellent
By ABarrote21 on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This was the best purchase that i have ever made. Excellent choice.

Trendy!
By ctyger on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE my little Xterra! I bought it because I needed towing capacity but didn't want a huge SUV or a pick-up. My camper weighs approx. 3500 pounds fully loaded and it tows my camper like a dream. It uses far too much gas however. The first time my teenage granddaughters saw it they said, "Wow, Grandma - that's so trendy!" I feel like the coolest person on the road when I am driving it!

Loving my Nissan!
By LMVR on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is wonderful! We love it!

Xterra is perfect because..
By Yoon on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Xterra is perfect for a college kid. It looks cool, you can drive your friends around and you can do lots of stuff with it. It is designed to be rugged, and actually is. The only problem is gas effeciency.

Cool but needs metal
By Almaguer on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I like the Xterra, it's a life style choice.

Thumbs Up for XTerra
By A.D. on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love it!! Stadium seating for back passengers, Great Idea! Roomy, First Aid Kit, Comfortable to drive. The only thingI had to get used to was the automatic window controls. I have the Rockford Fosgate system and it sounds Great esp for a stock system. My husband didn't even want to change it! THANK YOU NISSAN!! but what is the square thing on the back?