2003 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Poor performance
By mark78 on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

MAJOR power steering problems. Not a smooth ride. Great sound system. I average 16.2 mpg between city & freeway. For optimal performance of supercharge, you need premium gas. The extra money you pay for supercharge is not worth it compared to the regular model.

nissan x trail
By buddie on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

nissan xtrail 2.5 litres petrol is a faultless machine and has given me no trouble. Ihave driven it non stop for 500 km on a very hot day 100 degrees and arrived home and the engine was purring like a pussy cat. An excellant small 4x4.

Sporty and Smooth
By Jeep11Girl on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I was in the market for a Tahoe. I noticed the Xterras popping up everywhere and they really caught my eye. I called my buddy at the dealership, kept one for a 4 day weekend and it just drew to me. I knew one was meant to be on my insurance ID card, and now it is. I still have my Jeep and this new Xterra SC. Thanks Mike at Mossy Nissan!

xterra
By nickker on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

great ride....lots of get up and go...good quality construction

love my truck!
By monsoon on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I love this truck! I am a traveling nurse who loves the outdoors. this truck has worked out great for me. I have not had problems at all and the price was reasonable.

Go Out & Getchu One
By Chubbs Paugh on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I had originally planned on purchasing an XE/SE model but opted for the S/C for all of it's upgrades (fat tires/charcoal rims/black&blue interior/and oh yeah, the supercharger. For those of you looking for an SUV that has the off-road capability of a Wrangler; go for the Xterra. It's a blast to drive. I didn't get the same excitement from the VUE, or the CRV. I reccommend these for the grocery getters out there. But if you're the type to strap some kayaks, or mountain bikes to the roof, the Xterra will get you anywhere you want to go.

So Far So Good, But...
By tommywo on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I've had my Xterra for just over a week and I love it so far. Still, I REALLY wish the steering wheel tilted up higher. I'm 6'4/300 pounds and the extra room would come in handy getting in/out of the car. Other than that, I have plenty of leg room. Also, my gas mileage seems to be pretty marginal at best. I'm hoping that it will get better as the engine gets broken.

Extera ...WOW
By kashdkjahklfh on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have never been upset with this car...truck. Easy to pack and fun to drive.

nissan x-terra xe 2003
By reina on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

the nissan x-terra was the best car that i have bought so far. its depedable fun to drive. i love making long trips with my nissan. what i specially love its that its high, and let's me see how the traffic is infront of me. i recommend everybody that is looking to buy an s.u.v. to really take under cosideration the nissan x-terra.

BAD MILAGE 10 MPG CITY- SUPER CHARGED
By xterragirl on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Xterra SE S/C Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

2002 6 cyl. Super Charged. Specs say 15/18 est. milage. I get 10 mpg and 7 mpg towing. The service department said everything is within specs. Did I get a lemon? I am under the 12/12000. Domestic v8's get better milage than this. This is the 4th Nissan I have owned, and the last if this isn't resolved. I love the Xterra, this is the second one I have owned, but the milage is KILLING ME!