2002 Nissan Xterra 3.3L V6 Supercharger 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Thisrty machine...

2002 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Review

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

SE S/C 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 Supercharger 5-speed Manual)

Thisrty machine...
By Chili Palmer on

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I bought the X new in 2001 - First S/C on the lot. I was impressed with the off-the-line acceleration and overall looks (drastic improvement over previous models). Overall it has been a good vehicle, performed beyond it's means off road (Yes I do own another 4x4 to compare it to...) and has proved reliable in day to day use. I use it to tow a 4,500Lb boat on weekends - No sweat...until I try to pass a gas station. Best mileage to date 16mpg. Average 13mpg. Worst (towing) 9.8mpg. As well, power is great around town but trying to pass on the freeway does not net the same surge in acceleration. I look forward to the 2005's - MORE POWER !

Favorite Features

Supercharger (sometimes least favorite feature too). Looks. Off road ride (Excellent).

Suggested Improvements

Stock Rockford Fosgate system lacks bass response. Considerable brake dive. Doesn't handle payload well - rear sags too easily. Highway acceleration is only fair. MFG quoted fuel mileage is a joke - unless you are drafting a big-rig I don't see how it is possible.