2002 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: The Intimidator/XTERRA

2002 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

The Intimidator/XTERRA
By Eddie C. on

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second XTERRA and by far the best vehicle I have owned. I bought the XTERRA because it reminded me of the Nissan Patrol I drove when working in Saudi Arabia in 1992-1993. The XTERRA is the intimidator of SUVs, looks tough and is tough. It has very good lines, good performance, and the tighest turning radius...probably second to the military version of the Hummer. I very much like the reliability built into the vehicle...get in and go. My XTERRA served me well during the major snow storm last February in Washington DC...I had a blast plowing through snow drifts and going where other vehicles dare not go.

The computerized, road sensing breaking system...incredible. The four wheel drive system provides full command traction and control. I am impressed with the 4 speed automatic transmision, smooth shifting and very responsive.

Improve fuel ecomony a couple of miles per gallon or install larger fuel tank. I like vehicles with a 400+ mile cruising range.