2002 Nissan Xterra 3.3L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - So reliable

2002 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Review

So reliable
By Picky on

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have had the Xterra since new and love it. I have had only one mechanical issue and that was the A/C TCA (thermal control amplifier)causing the a/c compressor to kick on and off. I changed it myself. I carry all my sporting goods in the back with plenty of space left over. Backseat passengers have plenty of legroom. The front seats are extremely comfortable for long trips. For those complaining of interior plastic, I use Aerospace 303 on all plastic surfaces and they all look new. The paint has looked great since day one. I upgraded the sound system as stock system was lacking. It is extremely cheap to maintain. Parts are dirt cheap for it.

Favorite Features

High stance, nice stock wheels on the SE S/C, plenty of power outlets, nice tie-down rings in the back compartment. If you listen close, you can hear the Supercharger whine!!!

Suggested Improvements

Make rear seats fold down instead of having to remove bottom cushions to fold down the seats. Add sound deadening liners to make the ride quieter. Bigger glove box.