2002 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: really a blast!

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Review

really a blast!
By BobX on

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I imagine that some of these negative reviews think like my brother, who thinks his Blazer is the greatest (e.g., softer seats), though I don't think it would make it in one piece through some places we've been. The Xterra gives us about everything we were looking for - ruggedness and handling as well as comfort. We just did a trip through eastern Oregon (1,000 miles total, and about 100 off- road) - it ran great, handled great, and my back end was still feeling fine when we got home. I don't know what more I could ask for, other than the things mentioned for potential improvements. It really has been a blast to drive, though!

I think I got a real solid vehicle for what I paid for it. Great handling, very solid (have had to really take it over some pretty rough stuff to get any squeaks), and very comfortable.

Gas mileage isn't the greatest, but I don't see that as as big a problem as the range - only 300 miles! A 5 gallon bigger tank would sure be nice! The only other thing is having a flat footrest to set the left foot on when not shifting - the slanted wheel well is uncomfortable.