2002 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: my first new car

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Review

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV

my first new car
By princesspoo on

2002 Nissan Xterra XE-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my car since late 2001 and I just hit 90K on the mileage. Considering the last 20K have been in the last 10 months, the car is doing very well. I replaced the tires twice, brake pads once, and had the belts changed recently. I also had the factory recommended 90K service completed. It set me back quite a bit, but considering the car has held up since '01, I'm not complaining. I will probably drive it another year or two before seriously starting to look for a replacement. The exterior paint still looks good after a wash/wax, minus the dings you get from people who park next to you and open their doors too wide.

The backseats that fold down completely flat. I've used my Xterra as a pick-up because of this great feature.

The interior headliner started to sag a while back and it is pretty much falling down except along the sides. I've seen other Xterras on the road with this issue, maybe it's faulty glue. The interior would still be in great condition, except for this. I feel that it detracts a lot from the value.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review