2002 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: Love this SUV

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Review

Love this SUV
By cmontoya on

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This SUV is tight. This truck does not lack power even though it's a 4 cylinder. It's geared for low end power so it's not too much fun in stop & go but I've proven it can climb hills with ease. Excellent control in snow without 4x4 also. I was already rear ended and slambed into the car infront of me. The car behind went under and only damaged the bumper. This truck is SAFE! I owned a Nissan truck before this with the same 2.4 motor for 12 years. 198,000 miles and it was a performer with no problems. Sold it to a friend and he loves it.

Gear basket. Great for wet wetsuits, tire chains & more. Back seats are easy to break down. Headroom to no end. Stereo system needs no improvement.

Back seats need adjustable headrests. Back seats are definitely hard. Have no complaints about the front seats. A trunk release would be handy. I have to shut the vehicle off to unlock and access the back since I don't have auto- locks.