2002 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: Love my Xterra

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Review

Love my Xterra
By -D on

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Bought it used 2 years ago w 65k, I am the 3rd owner. Now has 98k, runs very strong. A few maintenance issues that was no big deal= air conditioner recharge due to leaky hose (common on these), a full brake job, new radiator (not expected) and I fouled a plug due to running cheap gas (must use premium at ALL times with the supercharger) so that was my fault. All of these issues in my book are normal wear except the radiator. Bottom line; drives anywhere and runs over anything with no problem. First car I have owned that I can say that I drive it any way I want and it just runs no problem. With the 4x4s get a good set of all terrains and will go through anything. Mud, snow, no problem.

Family friendly car with space for extras. Two car seats are a bit cramped in the back seat but work without cramping space up front. Huge strollers, diaper bags, kids toys and adult needs are swallowed up by the by the cargo area no problem. Roof rack does wonders when you use all other space.

Interior painted pieces look horrible as they are all fading, but is that so bad? I wish it had some side airbags and a vehicle skid control system. The newer Xterras have this and will be upgrading because of these reasons as that is a major factor with your family in the car.