It's been a ROCK
By kkempskie on
2002 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)
Gotta say this has been a solid truck. Bought new in late 02 and ever since my XT has been very reliable. It's no-nonsense and does what it's supposed to do. Off-roading is a blast when we ride the dunes on the beach and it is a tank in the snow. My 1st set of tires got 50+ on them and 2nd sets of Coopers got 60+. It hauls everything I've needed - dishwashers, plywood, kids, vacay stuff to the brim. Love my XT but may have to part with it soon since I need something that will tow a heavier boat! Great truck, so long as it's properly maintained.
Favorite Features
Off-roading and snow - this truck handles as good as my old LR Disco. Looks great too - wish Nissan kept the oval headlamps in the newer models. No-nonsense truck that is solid and reliable. Holds child seats no prob as well and gets OK gas mileage for an SUV.
Suggested Improvements
Horsepower for sure, but they've fixed that w/ new models. The V6 I have is def underpowered, but adequate. Gas mileage of course for ALL SUVs. Wish towing capacity was more so I could keep it. This has been a great truck for us.