2002 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: It's been a ROCK

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Review

It's been a ROCK
By kkempskie on

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Gotta say this has been a solid truck. Bought new in late 02 and ever since my XT has been very reliable. It's no-nonsense and does what it's supposed to do. Off-roading is a blast when we ride the dunes on the beach and it is a tank in the snow. My 1st set of tires got 50+ on them and 2nd sets of Coopers got 60+. It hauls everything I've needed - dishwashers, plywood, kids, vacay stuff to the brim. Love my XT but may have to part with it soon since I need something that will tow a heavier boat! Great truck, so long as it's properly maintained.

Off-roading and snow - this truck handles as good as my old LR Disco. Looks great too - wish Nissan kept the oval headlamps in the newer models. No-nonsense truck that is solid and reliable. Holds child seats no prob as well and gets OK gas mileage for an SUV.

Horsepower for sure, but they've fixed that w/ new models. The V6 I have is def underpowered, but adequate. Gas mileage of course for ALL SUVs. Wish towing capacity was more so I could keep it. This has been a great truck for us.