Everything I need, nothing I don't.
By RacerXterra on
2002 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)
My wife & I purchased the Xterra to replace a 1991 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4. We've logged about 34,000 miles in 3 years. I LOVED my 4Runner, but the Xterra has proven to be superior in every way. It has been a bulletproof mechanical tank [We took a 2,700+ mile road trip last year with no issues or complaints!]. Mileage here in the Denver Area generally averages 17-18 mpg. I'm easily able to strap just about anything to the roof rack, like a 10 ft. ladder, many queen size mattresses, & even a 13 ft. Christmas tree! Once I purchased a set of A/T tires, snow/ice performance has been unparalleled by any other vehicle I've ever driven. Way to go Nissan, you've made a believer out of me!
Favorite Features
The 3.3L V6 is a strong engine when mated to the 5- Speed Manual Gearbox. The versatility of the roof rack continues to impress me. Aftermarket Yakima support abounds! Unparalleled in poor weather!
Suggested Improvements
Backseat entry tends to mildly irritate many of my passengers. Short folks need a running start, tall folks bump their head where the roofline rises. However, all in all, not a big deal.