2002 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
A great off road truck
By enb74 on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have own the Xterra for almost a year and I go everywhere with it. I bought this truck for Off-road and 4X4 driving as well as to serve me and my wife. The truck is GREAT. High capability and great ground clearance. Good transmission and performance. The seat could be better, they donít give you much to play with even thou my is full loaded. The 6 CD in dash FM-AM radio with RDS system is great and the 6-speaker system has a good sound. The instruments panel is not a good point for the Xterra. It is hard to read and if you tilt the steering wheel down you canít see the signaling lights.

xterra se super charged
By greg pittaway on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

well this is a truck.but with alot of power.the super charger helps alot.its a beauty.alot of people look.and it is a rarity too.really bad on mileage.and the trim fades after a while from common useage.but all in all its a terrific truck.

14 - 19 mpg NOT!
By Mange on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

We just bought our XTERRA and the amount of gas it goes through is a disappointment. Nissan declares 14-19 mpg and we're lucky to get 14 mpg highway. Very disappointing. The engine also takes 10-15 minutes to warm up, which means that I'm driving with the engine screaming at 4000 rpm (62 mph). When the engine is finally warm, I'm still at 3000 rpm (62mph). This can't be good. We are looking to trade it in after 4 months.

The X-terraThe Ultimate Off-Road Vehicle
By jjkrush on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The Nissan X-terra XE is the best value if you are going to invest in a midsize SUV. I personaly recommend this SUV to anyone who wants to go off road, It's the best one there !!!

wish i got 4 wheel drive
By cool SUV on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

cool, except hasn't stopped snowing since i bought it.

It's a Truck Folks
By Neyland on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV XE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I really like the Xterra. People need to understand that these are off-road vehicles. If you want soft seats, lower steps, softer ride, buy a mini van. These vehicles were built to drive in regions where there are at best a rough logging road. Roll over situations are problematic of all vehicles with height. Height is needed off road. If rollover is a problem for you.. again buy a mini van. Personally we have found it performs well off road. Good hooks are a must, hard to find a good mounting point on the frame to snatching a friend with.

Xterra Fun!
By off road girl on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

After my VW died with 200,000 plus miles on it, we thought long and hard about an SUV. This one is fun, handles like a truck (much different than my golf, and different is good!). It's got the clearance I need, but I wish I could go farther on one tank of gas! The emissions test rated lower than our golf, which is a plus. Room for 2 dogs in the cargo space!

Fun and reliable at the same time
By squeakers70 on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have thoroughly enjoyed driving my Xterra over the past year. It is very sturdy and a reliable mode of transportation. It's fun to drive at the same time. The 2002 model has new front end which I really liked before I made my decision.

Excellent 4x4
By Brian Bloom on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the X because the price point was very attractive to me. I didn't want to spend 30k on an SUV that I intended to take off road. I have been in the mud, sand and dirt and this truck out preformed my friends Mitsu Montero and a Toyota Tacoma..both cost considerable more...I didn't get the supercharger but it would be nice to have, dont know if it's worth the xtra dough....

A Great Vehicle!
By lap on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Have had my Xterra 14 months now and it is doing great! I keep hearing people complain about gas mileage-but I get 20 mpg with the V6 and 5spd manual,which is excellent for a veh with high ground clearance,full steel frame,steel skid plates,true roof rack and 16" wheels & tires!