2002 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Good and Bad
By Brian in NY on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I love the truck, but I am disappointed with what I have. The design of the interior and the exterior are great, very distinct. But the quality of the Nissan is disappointing. There are so many little things that have gone wrong that you wouldnt expect in todays market. The gas mileage is aweful, but the ride is comfortable on the parkway.

ITS GOOD
By JON on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

EVERYTHING THAT HAS GONE WRONG HAS BEEN SIMPLE LITTLE ITEMS THAT HAVE BEEN IXED QUICKLY WITHOUT REPERCUSSIONS

The Intimidator/XTERRA
By Eddie C. on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second XTERRA and by far the best vehicle I have owned. I bought the XTERRA because it reminded me of the Nissan Patrol I drove when working in Saudi Arabia in 1992-1993. The XTERRA is the intimidator of SUVs, looks tough and is tough. It has very good lines, good performance, and the tighest turning radius...probably second to the military version of the Hummer. I very much like the reliability built into the vehicle...get in and go. My XTERRA served me well during the major snow storm last February in Washington DC...I had a blast plowing through snow drifts and going where other vehicles dare not go.

2002 Xterra
By Jennifer Nagy on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love my car.

02 Xterra SE 2wd
By mkm325 on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Looks great and is fun to drive, but a little uncomfortable for long rides. The legroom in the back is cramped and the width of the front seats could stand to be a little wider.

AN SUV that is really an SUV
By rzrbck1 on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

While primarily driven by my wife, I have had the opportunity to spend 8 weeks as the primary driver. The vehicle looks great, is made well, and has a fantastic audio system. Its an SUV in the truest form of an SUV. This vehicle is not for everyone, but we have enjoyed it for what it is. A truck based...SUV.

Upgrade to the Supercharger!
By msy1 on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

My Xterra has been great! You can't get this much truck at the same price from another manufacturer. I bought the SE/SC with the optional 17' wheels and have found the extra sticker price to be worth the fun factor. This truck has exceptional stop light accelaration and plenty of power when passing on the highway. I test drove the standard V6 before I drove the supercharged version, don't waist your time with it, get a mini-van a save your cash. The larger wheels give it a look that sets it apart from the other Xterras. It is worth it!

Real Off Road Machine - Out of the Box
By SarnX on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I wanted a vehicle to take me to and from work everyday and be able to play offroad on the weekends all at a reasonable price. Hands down this vehicle is it. The supercharger is a wonderful feature for highway driving and passing. The fact that this machine has a full box ladder frame makes it perfect for real offroading. Aftermarket parts are also becoming more widely available. My only complaint would be fuel economy but if that was my main concern I wouldn't have bought this vehicle in the first place.

Gas pigs need love too
By damage case on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

My 2002 Molten Lava Xterra SC-SE is a cool ride. I test drove an XE and it was quite sluggish compared to the SC. Also, the 17" wheels on the SC really improve an already good look. Spend the extra money and get the SC. BTW, you don't have to use premium fuel in the SC - it is just recommended for maximum performance. Which is important, considering its high (for its size) gas consumption. Also, get the custom neoprene seat covers - great look, and otherwise the interior cloth is a dirt and dog hair magnet.

BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK
By PeterWL01 on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I test drive many vehicles before I purchase. I am in no way an impulse buyer. This is one of the fun to drive SUVs, which provides the most utility for your dollar. Plenty of room in the back. 4 whel drive is superb. Recently, we had 24" of snow fall in my area. This SUV cut through the snow like a hot nife through butter. No problem what so ever. Highly recommended.