2002 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
A Great Choice
By stroblight63 on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun, large car to drive, in a good price range

2000 SE
By socalkid on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this truck in April 2000. Now have 40,000 miles on it. Very reliable and have never had a problem. Sure, it rides a little rough, but look what you're getting for $23,700...loaded, including 6 disk changer, except for 4 wheel drive. Have been very happy with it the last 2 yrs

Solar Yellow Xterra rocks
By leftydog on 03/14/02 21:21 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Nice Truck, rotten gas mileage, Super charger is a necessity. Handles well, rides ok on smooth roads, body shudders on tar pits, holes, bumps. Commanding view of road with 17in wheels. Seats are ok. Reasonably good space in the back.

Fun Truck
By Taya on 03/12/02 19:31 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Xterra but it is a truck as far as I'm concerned. Slips on ice and snow but I think that would be better with more weight in the back as you would do with a pick-up truck. The 4WD gets me through anything the South Dakota weather can throw my way. Not really a good family vehicle because it's too tall for small kids to get in and out of and I find myself missing a 3rd row of seats in order to carry their freinds around in.

Xterra Winner
By OlderGenXer on 03/11/02 10:21 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I liked the look, drove nice and had less body role than my old car did. I was worried about the power, but the supercharger gives you that extra thrust to get you on the highway much easier. I don't think the gas mileage is the best, but its about the same as my previous car (V6 3.1liter), so I don't notice it as much. Interior is great, wish there was a better place for change (I end up putting it in the cupholder). I have not had that many miles on it but I love it.

2nd Xterra
By jexx on 03/09/02 21:32 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

My 2000 Xterra was so much fun and so reliable that it made it easy for us to step up and trade it in for a new SC Xterra. While we looked at other more expensive suv's we opted for what we felt was imo obviously the best deal, and for the vehicle that would most facilitate our active lifestyle and our adventurous spirit.

X-Terra
By Bear on 03/02/02 09:55 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the 2001 4WD SE because of its price tag and different looks. Don't go off-road. Don't agree that the front seats are uncomfortable. We took a trip (apx 1,000 miles) in it last September and found it quit comfortable and it handled well on the road. I really like the feel of it, even if it is a little "trucky" feeling. Tons of room in the back with/without seats down. Seemed to be the best buy for the amount of room you get in its price range.