2002 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Xterra is the best value for the $$
By Mike fro m Wisconsin on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

We have had this truck for about a month now and it is awesome! I love the looks although I liked the square headlights on the older models better. It is very comfortable to drive, the turning radias is outstanding compared to my previous vehicle (Dodge Dakota). I wish I had gotten the supercharged engine now after driving it about 2500 miles. Storage is an issue. There are not many cubby holes to put things.

Fun, Fun, Fun,Fun, FUn
By beth on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is the all time best SUV I've ever driven. It handles like a car more than a truck. I love the off road ability I now have. The team at North Texas Nissan was great the sales person Wendt really knew her stuff. This car get two thumbs up from me

New to Nissan world
By aussikolbe on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Just purchased Xterra 2 weeks ago. Love it! Chose over Ford Escape(appearence) I thought I liked my Durango but this makes the Durango drive like a station wagon. Alot of fun to drive. Milliage could be better. Would like to have motorized sunroof and leather but things like this keep the price very resonable. Made a very good choice.

Xcomfort
By Fred Garvin on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Take a long test drive before you buy. The front seats are HORRIBLE!!! Learn from my mistake; look at all the others before you decide. I'm getting 12-13MPG at best, and it's not really very fun to drive on the highway. Not happy with this purchase.

Xterra007
By Xterra007 on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my wife. For her this was love at first sight. The SUV really looks good. Problems: Just couple of days after we bought the Xterra, I noticed that transmission wasn’t working right (Engine Lights showed up), SUV had stumbling problem while changing gears. I took it to the dealer, they found out that there is a speed sensor, which was not working. They had to order the part, which took couple of days and finally I got the Xterra back, so far it is working fine. This is bad for Nissan reputation.

XTerra
By jsartain on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV XE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I feel that the XTerra is the most bang for the buck. Interrior space is wonderful for a mid-size SUV. The lack of power for the 4-cylinder engine is not worth the cost savings. Get the 6 cylinder, super charged engine.

Molten Lava Supercharger
By Jarrod on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV SE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Smoother ride than I thought it would be. Best looking SUV in my opinion. Seats look cheap, but are sporty and very comfortable. Plenty of room and back seat passengers can finally see the road as well as the front passengers can see it. Supercharged power is impressive. I was taking it easy on the hwy and looked down and was surprisingly driving at 80 mph.

Fun Mobile
By YeeHaa on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Just got My Xterra last week. Went off-road and had a blast. It is a little piggy when it comes to gas, but I knew that would be the case. It handles quite well, much better than some reviews that I've read lead me to believe. It also has enough power, even without the super charger. I having that commanding view of the road. This is the best SUV for the money.

2002 Xterra XE
By Gen -Xterra on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great buy. I was planning on buying a used Xterra, a 2000 with 45K miles, fully loaded with a V6, but i saw a brand new 2002 XE 4cyl for just over the price of the used one. I opted for the new one, wondering about the power difference. It isn't too bad. It handles very well both on and off-road, and it is a very stylish ride. I enjoy the high clearance, and being so high off the ground. I used to think my old car, a blazer, was high off the ground, but once you sit inside the Xterra, you'll know differently. There is nothing you can't do in it, and it is a great car for teenagers

Either love it or hate it
By John (Seattle) on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a silve 2002 SE V6 4X4 two weeks ago. Bought it because of it looks more rugged than CRV and RAV4, is more reliable than the domestic offerings. It's actually bigger inside than I thought. Not enough power in base V6 but OK in day to day driving. A little high to get in and out of but that doesn't bother me too much. Build quality is OK but nowhere near Honda quality (for example, the temp control switches feel like it's made in China). Handling is good if you don't drive it like a sports car. Brake is excellent. Sitting very high, which I love. The styling is the best I have seen in all SUVs outthere which is why I bought it.