2002 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
THE BOMB!!!
By bdbbbd on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

THIS XTERRA IS THE BOMB! IT HAS THE BEST PICK-UP W/THAT NEW SUPERCHARGER. IT'S NICE BEING THE FAST VEHICLE FOR ONCE. I RECCOMEND THIS VEHICLE TO ANYONE.

Truck Build to last
By XMan1 on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is a looker. It has more to it than plin rugged looks. Its Xtreamely capable off the road. It has take me to the trails personality. It has the Nissan reliability and the proven and tested old Pathy engine.

xterra hot little number
By Skog on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The Xterra is definately a looker. It attracts attention from both sexes..... especially in the 20 to 40+ age group. The ride is very nice for a truck and the interior is great for the average consumer who wants sporty looks and a little prestige. I have not had any problems with it mechanically. As far as the noise goes with the roof rack, crack the front windows a bit. Also, does not feel tippy to me! Great rear room for alot of gear compared to other SUVs in its class.

AWESOME RIDE
By JERRY on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Love the new xterra,,,,very smmoth driving,,,looks are exceptional S/C gives it lots of GET E UP....... Goes where ever you want to.

Just got my Solar Yellow SE SC 5spd...
By Dingo on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I thought that I was going to feel like I've sacrificed performance, since I just traded in a '99 Maxima SE, but this thing hauls and handles remarkably well. (I wasn't able to test drive a 5 spd Supercharged, so I went on blind faith and had one built at the factory.) Velvet shift, stylish interior, killer good looks....Gotta love it!

Excellent Vehicle
By Johnny101 on 06/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love my new Silver Xterra. I love the ride height and the stadium seating in the rear. Controls are set out thoughtfully. Great Sound system. Very quiet ride and great handling. I had a Dodge Durango and the Xterra kicks its butt in all categories.

Why I love Nissans--Xterra is Tops!
By Lee English on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Xterra is AWESOME. I love the power, the styling--everything. I even get good gas mileage. I averaged 330/mpg in my Maxima; now I'm at 300. I LOVE the turning radius, the extra space, dual cupholders and the multiple outlets. Sunroof could be better and I don't like the two non-knobs next to the power outlet above the radio. My sometimes only regret is that I didn't get the SC, but there were none in my color choice when I went to purchase.

XTERRA
By Edmundo on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second XTERRA, and it is absolutely the finest SUV I have driven. I very much enjoy Nissan reliabity, styling, and performance. Two exceptional characteristics of my XTERRA are the automatic transmission and computerized, road sensing, braking system.

x-terra
By scott rohan on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

i love the car

Xterra, safe, reliable TRUCK
By Bobmazda on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

As with many trucks the consideration of height and roll over has to be considered. I gave the Xterra the hard test and it passed as well as did well in ratings. Driver error, drivers thinking they have a MAC truck to push others around and maneuver in traffic like a Miata ISN'T the Xterra. Drive carefully and you're fine! Having said that, the Xterra is awesome....DON'T BUY A MAZDA TRIBUTE, I OWNED A 2001 LEMON LAW JUNK.