2002 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Xterra 2000
By Rino on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

For the price it's a excellent SUV 4x4.I have had my Xterra XE for a couple of years & not a single problem.The interior dash & trim is pretty basic but the seats, stereo is nice.I had a 1994 4Runner previously & the ride of the Xterra is at par.I really like the exterior design of the Xterra.I have brought the Xterra off- roading a few times & it's great. Overall great SUV!!

A real SUV on today's market
By Jaimemoto on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I felt in love with this SUV when I first saw it. The style is just so cool. There are no many SUV on today's market. First of all, let me say this, to me there is no such thing as a luxury SUV. A SUV is a SUV. A Sport Utility Vehile to handle the tasks that you want to do. . That is why I like the Xterra. No leather seat and those luxurious nonsense. A true SUV!

Nothing like an xterra
By creo on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The Nissan xterra is well worth the money. This suv has it all. The gas milage is a pain but the xterra is overwhelming. Its a must has suv.

OVERPRICED
By RAUTRY72 on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

THIS VEHICLE IS VERY OVERPRICED. IT IS 24 GRAND AND DOESN'T EVEN HAVE MIRRORS ON THE BACK SIDE OF VISOR. IT ALSO RIDES LIKE A LOG TRUCK. VERY ROUGH. THIS VEHICLE MIGHT BE WORTH 19 OR 20 GRAND. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Great Vehicle
By tim tyner on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

2002 Nissan Xterra with just the enthusiast package manual tranny and V6 and i love it. silver ice paint and manual hubs up front. this vehicle is extremely solid built better than my old ford and rides better. V6 is really strong especially with manual tranny, 4x4 capabilities are very inspiring. lots of cargo room and tons of cool storage and neat nooks and crannies to put stuff. this vehilce is really the best fit for people looking for a rugged reliable vehicle to go and have so real fun with.

ex-terra-ah!!!!!!
By ex-terr-ah!! on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent styling, handeling, and upper body roomieness. Sub-optimal (at best!) drivers side leg room. Brake, gas pedals and the center consel are crowded for feet and lower leg movement during driving. 170 hp V-6 is somewhat under powered for acceleration, but cruises effortlessly. Gas milage rivals a Sherman Tank! Good sound system. Archaic power knobs for mirrors / windows.

Love my X!
By calypso on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

This is a great truck. The S/C is a blast to drive. I feel like I could drive over anything, and this truck is very reliable and safe. Very roomy, and a slick looking truck. I love it!

tasty mean black machine
By RICKSTER on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

this choice is a prime grade A choice,I drove test this truck on paved and off road and handled great on both terrains.when test driving one make sure you go thru your normal driving habits,and don't be afraid to treat it like a truck, because that's what it is, a truck with a suv body, which every suv should be. rough and tumble, I got the XE 2WD 5 speed, super black, which kicks, so far so good. buy one if this is what you are looking for in a suv, but if you want a sissy-like suv that drives like a car, look somewhere else.

Lovin It!!
By Romofan on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just got my X yesterday and had to do some driving. After puting on 400 miles in just under 24 hours I have to say I love this thing. It rides like a truck but fells really steady in the turns. I like the acceleration and the access to all guages and accessories. Gas milage is an issue at todays prices, but what the hell!! You only go around once. Overall, very happy with my choice.

Only the best SUV there is...
By AJB on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

What's great about the Xterra are the different exterior colors that are offered... many other SUVs come in just the conventional/traditional/"boring" colors and it is a remarkable experience driving around my brand new Xterra - the car does not seem to blend in with all the rest of them on the road.