2002 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Cool one
By venu on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Great looks and fun to drive off roads!!

Love My Xterra
By GSX-TERRA on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I have now lived with my X-Terra for 5 weeks. So far I have no major complaints. I got the most bang for my buck with the X-Terra. The handling is not as bad as everyone says, it is quite nimble for a truck. Low to mid range acceleration (to 45mph) is good, but the curve flattens at high speeds. Gas mileage isn't great, but then I knew that when buying the X. Passed on the supercharger which you have to feed premium gas. Great daily driver, great people and gear haule, good looks ...what more can you ask for?

Xterra-Best buy in class of it's own.
By Xtremely happy on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Xterra is HANDS DOWN the best buy for the money. If you complain about the ride, buy a car, it's not an SUV if it's not built on a truck frame. The more I researched this vehicle the more it stood out, if you're looking for an SUV that's affordable and can perform like a true SUV this is it. Look at the numbers, the X stands up to many others that cost a lot more. It does ride like a truck, but still is smooth. The CRV, RAV4, Escape, Tribute,-all big cars and compared with the X often, technically, they aren't in the same class with Xterra. Xterra gives a no BS, skip the leather and wood trim dash answer to the affordable & highly capable SUV.

My X
By lboughie on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great all round "real" SUV. "REAL" as in built on a truck design and not a car or car-like desing like the other mini-suvs out there. Fun to drive and even more enjoyable when shifting into 4x4 and putting the X to good use.

Awsome
By BobbyBob on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Great Car! The Best!

All4 Xterra
By Brithgr8 on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE S/C 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Since I have bought the Xterra I have been nothing but Xtactic with it....

My X!
By mangeli on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Wow, talk about an all around well built truck. The Xterra takes the cake. Test drove and SE and I went home with an XE with the powerpack option on it. I love it. Gets average MPG, but other than that its the best thing I have ever owned!

cheap seats
By jana on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I've had over 20 different cars and these are by far the WORST!!!! The foam is like a marshmellow. If I would have known how bad I would have never bought the car and probably will not keep the car...I can't believe the in dash ash tray is an accessory so you have a hole in the dash that looks like crap.. I'm really disapointed with this car, I know it's not a luxury car but please....Oh by the way this is not my first suv it's my third...

Alright 4 the $$$
By Cdogg on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I was thrilled when I purchaced a new sporty 2002 yellow Xterra. The exterior is awesome and the ride is so smooth. I am however very displeased with the lack of power and poor gas mileage.

Great choice
By XterraOwner on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicule several months ago and have been extremely happy with it so far. Before the purchase I spent about 3 months doing some pretty extensive shopping around. In the end, I bought it for several reasons: A high reliability rating by consumers and magazines alike, it's ability to tow heavy loads, it's flexibility in use (large cargo area and seating area, and because I found it to be one of the nicer looking mini SUV's on the market.) I get constant positive feedback on it's looks, ride (despite it is based on a truck platform) and flexibility of use.