Used 2002 Nissan Xterra XE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Very well-built
By xterra

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very attractive and well- built SUV. The interior design is also spectacular. The trunk space is also a nice feature to have.

The auto-dimming mirror

Gas mileage is not good, but what SUV has good gas mileage?

No Lemons Here
By LISSANNE

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

At least, not from the beautifully designed Nissan Xterra that I purchased last year. I only wish I could say the same for the dealership that I bought it from. I financed the truck in June 2004 from I am still having problems with my dealership today. After my monthly payment being raised three times and the harrassing phone calls at work for more money I was almost fed up enough to just give up. All it takes though is a short drive in Xterra and the world is a much brighter and more exciting place. So I urge ya'll to proceed w/caution when it comes to Nissan dealers.

This truck has countless cool features from the adjustable height for the seatbelt to the numerous power jacks, strategically placed troughout the vehicle.

I like the fact ther this truck has three seat belts in the back seat, since I have three chilren. The only improvment I would make would be to the ashtray and pop out tent more accessorized.

Love this SUV
By cmontoya

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This SUV is tight. This truck does not lack power even though it's a 4 cylinder. It's geared for low end power so it's not too much fun in stop & go but I've proven it can climb hills with ease. Excellent control in snow without 4x4 also. I was already rear ended and slambed into the car infront of me. The car behind went under and only damaged the bumper. This truck is SAFE! I owned a Nissan truck before this with the same 2.4 motor for 12 years. 198,000 miles and it was a performer with no problems. Sold it to a friend and he loves it.

Gear basket. Great for wet wetsuits, tire chains & more. Back seats are easy to break down. Headroom to no end. Stereo system needs no improvement.

Back seats need adjustable headrests. Back seats are definitely hard. Have no complaints about the front seats. A trunk release would be handy. I have to shut the vehicle off to unlock and access the back since I don't have auto- locks.

Fun and reliable at the same time
By squeakers70

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have thoroughly enjoyed driving my Xterra over the past year. It is very sturdy and a reliable mode of transportation. It's fun to drive at the same time. The 2002 model has new front end which I really liked before I made my decision.

I think the overall picture of my Xterra is my favorite. There are too many things to list. I like the new body style.

None

2002 Xterra XE
By Gen -Xterra

2002 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great buy. I was planning on buying a used Xterra, a 2000 with 45K miles, fully loaded with a V6, but i saw a brand new 2002 XE 4cyl for just over the price of the used one. I opted for the new one, wondering about the power difference. It isn't too bad. It handles very well both on and off-road, and it is a very stylish ride. I enjoy the high clearance, and being so high off the ground. I used to think my old car, a blazer, was high off the ground, but once you sit inside the Xterra, you'll know differently. There is nothing you can't do in it, and it is a great car for teenagers

look, stadium back seating, comfort

i can't think of any