2002 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Always wants gas
By Marde on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

We just bought our XTERRA brand new and at first we were real excited to have our first SUV. We live out in the country and now we really have to watch our driving. The amount of gas it guzzels is awful. We thought it said 16- 23 in the city and highway and we are lucky if we get 10-12 miles to the gallon. Looking to trade it now, after 1 month. Love everything else about it but fix the gas milage 1 month

Awsome
By BobbyBob on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great Car! The Best!

cheap seats
By jana on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I've had over 20 different cars and these are by far the WORST!!!! The foam is like a marshmellow. If I would have known how bad I would have never bought the car and probably will not keep the car...I can't believe the in dash ash tray is an accessory so you have a hole in the dash that looks like crap.. I'm really disapointed with this car, I know it's not a luxury car but please....Oh by the way this is not my first suv it's my third...

OVERPRICED
By RAUTRY72 on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

THIS VEHICLE IS VERY OVERPRICED. IT IS 24 GRAND AND DOESN'T EVEN HAVE MIRRORS ON THE BACK SIDE OF VISOR. IT ALSO RIDES LIKE A LOG TRUCK. VERY ROUGH. THIS VEHICLE MIGHT BE WORTH 19 OR 20 GRAND. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

AWESOME RIDE
By JERRY on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Love the new xterra,,,,very smmoth driving,,,looks are exceptional S/C gives it lots of GET E UP....... Goes where ever you want to.

XTerra
By jsartain on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE S/C 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I feel that the XTerra is the most bang for the buck. Interrior space is wonderful for a mid-size SUV. The lack of power for the 4-cylinder engine is not worth the cost savings. Get the 6 cylinder, super charged engine.