2002 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Family of Xterras
By tex500 on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

purchased this 2002 Xterra, 11 months after purchasing the previous years model for my wife. I have driven many miles in this Xterra, shooting photos at race tracks across America. It has has been down some of the roughest roads, and not skipped a beat. The (e)Xterior, when washed, looks as good as the day I drove it off the lot. I even use it to pull a cargo trailer at times. Before the trailer, we amazed ourselves at how much equipment we could fit in the back with the seats folded down. Highway mileage is about 18-19 mpg. Not what I expected when I bought the first Xterra, but actually an improvement over the 2001 model.

My Xterra
By Kaykamaka on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Xterra, but am thinking of trading it in for a new car after our recent ice storm. I know that all cars have problems on ice, but I could not even get traction in my driveway. I felt very unsafe in it even after the roads cleared a little. The noise from the road is bothersome while on highway. Should come equipped with rainguards on the window. Basic interior, awesome exterior. Really sporty and fun to drive. Hard to clean interior for messy drivers (like me).

Sluggish '02 XTerra
By SeaDweller on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Vehicle looks great and is fun to drive. The Solar Yellow turns alot of heads as well! It is perfect for my lifestyle with the real-truck features I need with relative comfort for its class. Not much pep, however. It is sluggish on acceleration.

02 Xterra SE 2wd
By mkm325 on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Looks great and is fun to drive, but a little uncomfortable for long rides. The legroom in the back is cramped and the width of the front seats could stand to be a little wider.

AN SUV that is really an SUV
By rzrbck1 on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

While primarily driven by my wife, I have had the opportunity to spend 8 weeks as the primary driver. The vehicle looks great, is made well, and has a fantastic audio system. Its an SUV in the truest form of an SUV. This vehicle is not for everyone, but we have enjoyed it for what it is. A truck based...SUV.

Fun car---few problems
By nocrv4me on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive...it handles really well off-road and on mud/dirt. I have had a few problems with the quality...I think my speakers are blown in the back- -and I am supposed to have the "premium package." Also, the centerpiece of my wheel (hard to explain)has come off, and I hear things that rattle when I drive???? The dealer is fixing these problems, and I have to say that the customer service has been great.

Nothing like an xterra
By creo on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The Nissan xterra is well worth the money. This suv has it all. The gas milage is a pain but the xterra is overwhelming. Its a must has suv.

Only the best SUV there is...
By AJB on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

What's great about the Xterra are the different exterior colors that are offered... many other SUVs come in just the conventional/traditional/"boring" colors and it is a remarkable experience driving around my brand new Xterra - the car does not seem to blend in with all the rest of them on the road.

x-terra
By scott rohan on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

i love the car

rollovers
By D. Faaborg on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Please visit this site to see the safety record of this vehicle - www.nhtsa.dot.gov/NCAP/Cars/2002SUVs.htm l. We loved our Xterra but were recently involved in a rollover accident caused by road/weather conditions that sustained the driver with serious but not life threatening head injuries. We wish we'd known the safety issues prior to buying. We loved this vehicle but would never have bought it had we known it was one of the lowest rated in regards to safety.