2002 Nissan Xterra 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

XE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Very well-built
By xterra on 12/17/05 16:52 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very attractive and well- built SUV. The interior design is also spectacular. The trunk space is also a nice feature to have.

No Lemons Here
By LISSANNE on 01/24/05 04:25 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

At least, not from the beautifully designed Nissan Xterra that I purchased last year. I only wish I could say the same for the dealership that I bought it from. I financed the truck in June 2004 from I am still having problems with my dealership today. After my monthly payment being raised three times and the harrassing phone calls at work for more money I was almost fed up enough to just give up. All it takes though is a short drive in Xterra and the world is a much brighter and more exciting place. So I urge ya'll to proceed w/caution when it comes to Nissan dealers.

Love this SUV
By cmontoya on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This SUV is tight. This truck does not lack power even though it's a 4 cylinder. It's geared for low end power so it's not too much fun in stop & go but I've proven it can climb hills with ease. Excellent control in snow without 4x4 also. I was already rear ended and slambed into the car infront of me. The car behind went under and only damaged the bumper. This truck is SAFE! I owned a Nissan truck before this with the same 2.4 motor for 12 years. 198,000 miles and it was a performer with no problems. Sold it to a friend and he loves it.

Fun and reliable at the same time
By squeakers70 on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have thoroughly enjoyed driving my Xterra over the past year. It is very sturdy and a reliable mode of transportation. It's fun to drive at the same time. The 2002 model has new front end which I really liked before I made my decision.

2002 Xterra XE
By Gen -Xterra on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great buy. I was planning on buying a used Xterra, a 2000 with 45K miles, fully loaded with a V6, but i saw a brand new 2002 XE 4cyl for just over the price of the used one. I opted for the new one, wondering about the power difference. It isn't too bad. It handles very well both on and off-road, and it is a very stylish ride. I enjoy the high clearance, and being so high off the ground. I used to think my old car, a blazer, was high off the ground, but once you sit inside the Xterra, you'll know differently. There is nothing you can't do in it, and it is a great car for teenagers

A Great Choice
By stroblight63 on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun, large car to drive, in a good price range