2001 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Xterra
By JJC on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent off road capability, no luxury, great brakes, great handling

Hotttt Car
By Owls27 on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Hey, I'm seventeen and just got one. Beatiful car, all compliments to nissan on this because all i do is get compliments. Its fun, nice handling, cd quality is nice, and its awesome. Not a race car, not a monster truck, so i dont know why people think that it should be faster and more powerful.

Buy One!
By Wild Eagle on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Its a fun tough off road vehicle that is incredibly reliable. Nissan really has their act together. Been in shop 2 times for rattles and blown speakers.. Went out and bought a sub woofer and no more speaker blow outs! Bought the new seat covers and interior looks lot more fun!! Very solid off road, front seats could be set higher for long distance driving. Need a/c vent for back seat. Gets hot in Arizona. Put extra window tint and is helping a lot. Gas mileage is pathetic for the lack of oower.. feels like a 4 cylinder..but still acceptable. I would buy another without a doubt!!

Excellent SUV
By coker4 on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Xterra for 10 months now. I have completely enjoyed this vehicle. Gas mileage is not what I like, but the overall fun of the vehicle more than makes up for this. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Good and Bad
By Rich N. on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I like the style of this SUV. It is kind of fun to drive, but it eats alot of gas and lack of power. the front seat are not very comfrontable at first and the cloth sucks like hell.

Great SUV
By RickNYC on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Xterra for just over 1 year, and think its a great car buy! Handle well in NYC traffic and long road trips. Easy to get in and out of.

xterra rating
By williav on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I like the vehicle very much, Easy to handle and drive, just as good as other mid-size suv's

X The Xterra
By Fred Smith on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The Xterra is the most uncomfortable vehicle on the market today. Test drove it for twenty minutes before I bought it. Should have driven it for an hour so I could have found out how uncomfortable it really is. Even took it to an upholsterer to have the seat stuffed with padding...twice. Still felt like I was sitting on steel spikes pointed northward. I'm 6'4" and weigh 225lbs. Actually, I like everything about it, except the uncomfortable front seats.

01 Xterra
By ks4oc on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra SUV XE-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

With only 4000 miles on the vehicle, I drove it to Northern Quebec from Augusta Georgia, towing a 4000 pound trailer. The vehicle never had a problem. Towed the trailer, kept up with traffic. Gas mileage was only 10.0 mpg, but what do you expect when dragging a barn down the highway at 70 mph?

I'll give it a 9.9
By TDrochak on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The XTerra handles both onroad and offroad well. Its plenty roomy, provided that you are not over like 6'2". VERY RELIABLE! I've had it a little over 1 year and the only problem I've had is I got a traffic ticket (which I beat in court) in Cle Elum, Washington for having too much mud on it. Now the important stuff. I can throw the kayak on the roof rack, throw a couple mountain bikes, fishing poles, cooler and camping gear in the cab and head out for a week at a time out to the beach, into the mountains, or whatever. This thing handles absolutely AWESOME in the snow up in the mountains. Handles well on rainy roads also.