2001 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Xterra
By The Beast on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Great styling, many complaints about the comfort of the front seats ( not my leather recliner, but I think they are OK) Very ruff drive on bummpy pavement, windows rattle when lowered, the hood is very flimsy and we all know about the sunroof.

XTERRA CHEAP SUV AND CHEAP RIDE
By FROCKY356 on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra XE-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

NOT TOO BAD BUT VALUE DIMINISHED AND BETTER MODELS CAME OUT TO SOON AND WAS LEFT WITH AN UNDER POWERED SUV WASTE OF MONEY LOST OVER 8,000 IN VALUE LESS THAN 2 YEARS

2001 Xterra
By CWood on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Great car, I had for two years and and not a single problem. It's never been back to dealership for any warranty repairs yet.

Good for 20-somethings
By Colorado Girl on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Fast and limber. Fun to drive. Great in snow. Not super comfortable, though. Very truck-like ride. Forget this car if you're a smoker. The ash tray is almost impossible to use and the lighter broke the first month. I (a 32-year old woman) recommend this car for guys in their 20s. It's a fast and manly car...and it's easy to get a good deal. I paid $500 below invoice.

Its just OK
By bored on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Not for Highways, not really for off roading in the original configuration. Not for anyone over 5'6. GOD I Miss my Windstar. I cant even get a weeks work of grocery's in the back!

Bumpy
By RAS on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This was my first suv. In the begining it was great in the snow and nice sitting up high. Then I noticed that the front driver and passenger windows vibrated when down an inch or so. Was told this was normal by 3 dealerships. After about a year the suv novelty has worn off. This is a bumpy, gass- guzzler with cheap interior plastic. Don't get me wrong it looks great, just drives like crap. If your looking for an suv around $25,000 and need off road prowess, this is probably the way to go. If you don't plan much off-road actvity, can spare the room and want decent mileage, comfort, and handling, try the Excape, CRV, RAV4 or Liberty.

Best value for the price
By Xterra fan on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Best car I've ever owned. Very happy with our Xterra. Does great driving around town, in the snow, or on the beach. 4WD works great, have never been stuck, even been thru very deep water with no problems. Lots of cargo space. Comfy seats. Didn't particularily like the industrial looking fabric at first, but we are VERY pleased with its durability and ease of cleaning. Have not had to take it back to the dealership for anything other than routine maintenance. The first aid kit is indeed gimicky but it has definately come in handy. Highly recommended!!

Gas Guzzler
By hazer on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned my xterra for a year and a half and am currently trading it in for a Honda CRV. The gas mileage is awful, the front seats are very uncomfortable, and the power and ride are fair. It is an excellent off road vehicle, and has a great rugged look. But if you're not planning on doing a lot of off-roading and want decent gas mileage I would not recommend this car.

Love this car!!
By Michelesb on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car!! I love the way the Xterra handles, it drives like a car on the road. Haven't used it off road or in snow yet. I can never feel when I am speeding... the car drives so smoothly. The amount of room in this car is unbelievable... I can fit my whole life in this car. I like that the seat cushions come out of the car when you put the back seat down...allows more space than SUVs that have seats that just pull forward (like the pathfinder). I think the Xterra is the best value among SUVs. I can't imagine why anyone would purchase a pathfinder for $10,000 more than an Xterra.

Best SUV on for the price
By tbranca on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The XTerra handles both onroad and offroad well. Its plenty roomy,Its a fun tough off road vehicle that is incredibly reliable. Nissan really has their act together. I average 18mpg my best is 21mpg my worst was 14mpg. I drive my X hard and have never had any problems its one of the best cars I have ever owened. I love it. I here people complaining about gas milage. the is only rated at 16 to 18. It the first car That I get the high end of the MPG. I love my X