2001 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Improving but not ready for prime time
By INOU on 06/17/07 00:47 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This SUV will get you from A to B, it rides decently, and gets decent mileage. I had it for two years and I purchased it when it was 2 yrs old. No major problems. It's safe and designed well specifically the exterior. The interior lacks leg room, and needs more pep from a stopped position. The clutch was not as smooth as others, and the gas mileage was average. Middle of the road, not in the Toyota or other big boys league but improving.

Point A to B
By twoutes1 on 06/17/07 00:25 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable vehicle. I am not a big fan of SUVs, so right off the bat I'm biased, however, for the price it was worth it. It doesn't compare to the big guys in terms of comfort, the acceleration from a stop is fair at best. It does not have decent gas mileage nor, if you need it, leg room.

1ST SUV
By YO on 03/23/05 10:34 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first time owning a SUV. I fell in love until I had to fill the gas tank. The gas mileage on this SUV is very bad for a 4cyl vehicle. There is no get up and go. How could you have a visor without vanity mirrors? Take this SUV and start over from scratch. And next time have a female design it.

GREAT SUV
By TWEETY on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE OWNED A SUV. I LOVE THE ROOM IN MY XTERRA. I HAVE RECEIVED SO MANY COMPLIMENTS FROM PASSENGERS IN THE BACKSEAT. THEY LOVE THE STADIUM STYLE SEATING. I WILL NEVER OWN A CAR AGAIN!!

owner
By markie on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

love the xterra dealer sucks