2000 Nissan Xterra 3.3L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - What a great little SUV.

2000 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Review

XE V6 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

What a great little SUV.
By Lily on

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

My wife and I purchased this Xterra almost 7 years ago (when we had no kids) and it was worth the price. We finally paid it off and it has been a very reliable vehicle. It is very comfortable on long and short trips with the family. A family of 4 will fit comfortably. As I am now finding out, 3 in the back seat is a little too snug. Other than that I think 7 years ago we made a good decision that we still own today with over 81,000 miles on it. Other than one recall from the dealership, we have had no problems at all. In the future we probably would be better off with 3rd row seating. Other than that I would keep it.

Favorite Features

Plenty of room for a family of 4 or smaller! The 4wd works great in the snow or the trails or even fishing excursions.

Suggested Improvements

The plastic bumpers look very old only after 7 years. I wish Nissan were quicker on notifying customers for recall info. I wish it had 3rd row seating. Exhaust system seemed to rust faster than previous vehicles. After 7 years I think the AC is going.