Trusted and Reliable
By Clyde in Chatt Town on
2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV
We have owned our Xterra since 2000 when we bought it new. Now, just rolling over 180,000 miles, it has never been in the shop for more than a check-up. Routine oil changes and new plugs, wires, and fluids at 100,000 miles is all that has ever been done. Recently had the air go out, but after ten years and 180,000 miles I have no complaints with the build quality on this one! If you're looking at buying one used, I would not be intimidated by high miles. Certainly mine has been super-reliable so far, and I would not hesitate to take it on long trips. Super reliable!
Favorite Features
Edgy looks at the time. Great ground clearance, good off road performance, and great reliability!
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy is just okay. Interior in 2000 was simple. I've seen newer models where this has improved. The target consumers and use for this vehicle make super luxury interiors seem silly. Go outdoors, get dirty, have fun with Nissan!
By kms1990
on 09/06/12 20:16 PM (PDT)

you may need a timing belt, its probably lost power because a stretched timing belt, that is part of the 100,000 mile tune up my 2000 v6 is at 150k miles and i am already considering doing it 55k miles early