2000 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: GREAT SUV but, glad I got the

2000 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

GREAT SUV but, glad I got the 5spd!
By Reggie on

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this SUV! The look is GREAT and seeing other XTerra owners around town makes you feel part of click! We live in CO and go to the mtns frequently. The 4X4 capability is great over rocks and thru creek beds. Long distance travel is nice but a little cramped! My complaint, as is most peoples, NO POWER!! I was wise and found a 5spd and love it. It's great on the hwy going up the mtns. Maybe in a couple yrs I'll buy the supercharged version! I would recommend it to anyone!!

The look by far says rugged, outdoors and go anywhere! Ground clearance and off-road capabilities are what we bought it for and it hasn't let us down yet! Very solid truck at 4yrs old and 80K on the odo!

MORE HORSEPOWER and more driver seat adjustment(legroom). I know they've taken care of some of the power issues in the newer models, I just wish they had thought about it in the initial running.