2000 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: Great Car

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Review

Great Car
By X on

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I found this vehicle very fun to drive and quite capable both on road and off road. I used the car for everything from road trips, to LA commuting, to Rocky Mountain offroading and it did great. The gas mileage left a bit to be desired, but to be fair, mine was lifted with oversized tires. I was recently in a 20+ car pile up that unfortunately totaled my Nissan, but let me tell you, that car crashed incredibly well. My girlfriend and i were both able to walk away from the accident uninjured. The car took several high speed impacts from other vehicles and even a few walls quite softly. We both believe its safety features saved us. It really was an great car both in driving and in crashing...

Truck based platform, roof rack, large cargo capacity.

The engine makes decent power but it really benefited from the addition of an Airaid intake and a Poweraid throttle body spacer. If you plan on off-roading, i would recommend a 3" Calmini or AC Customs lift and some 32x11.5 BFG's.