2000 Nissan Xterra Consumer Review: A Real SUV, not a Soccer Mom M

2000 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Review

A Real SUV, not a Soccer Mom Mobile!
By Ardie86 on

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

Now this is an SUV! From the first day I saw the XTerra, I knew that was the SUV I wanted and could easily afford. The truck's been great. I live in the mountains and the XTerra's made my life so much easier. Mudslide? What mudslide? Snow? No problem. Could use a bit more power to climb the hills, but turning off the overdrive gives continued power and saves the brakes on the downhill. I also make 500-mile road trips to see family and we always choose to take the X. Smooth ride. Plenty of space for people and cargo. Mileage isn't bad on highway. Friends love it. Think it looks cool. Two have gone on to purchased an XTerra.

Rugged looks (better than 2002 tank-style front end), stadium seating, lots of room, in-dash 6CD changer, standard roof rack and bucket.

A little more power, better gas mileage (but better than most mid-sized SUVs), running boards are more form than function - too close to the body to use easily.