2000 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Solid
By Lock on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased the 2000 XE 4WD 6 new in July of 2000. I have had no major problems and have gotten excellent service at the Nissan Dealership when a small problem needed addressing. Overall I rate the ride and comfort to be slightly above average though a bit Noisy on the Highway. I was a little disappointed that no factory leather option was available at the time. This would have added more to the cheap looking interior. Sound System is SUBPAR. Overall it's a solid vehicle.

My Xterra
By griffin91598 on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV XE V6 4dr SUV

I love my Xterra. It is the 2nd SUV I have owned. The only problem I have had with it is 2 hoses for the a/c leaked on it, and I had no a/c in the middle of August! It was also very expensive to fix! I was told that alot of 2000 Xterras had the same problem and I think Nissan should pay for the expenses.

sluggish xterra
By juanvaldeziii on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Very sluggish. Very poor gas milage. Glad I sold it.

X-terra
By Kunal Ghosh on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Smooth ride. Sun-roof a little noisy

Love the Xterra
By mermansk on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV

I bought mine new at first release of 2000 model year. Sole owner. Marathon road trips, city traffic, towing and commuting. Wonderful balance between interior space, utility, horsepower, gas mileage, etc. Family of four traveling regularly. I own the SE version because I don't believe in power everything. I've added power door locks/security system and a towing hitch. Basic maintenance is all I've had to do. Bang for buck, it's on top of the heap.

real suv
By xterra fan on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle with 50k on it. It has been the most fun to drive vehicle I've ever owned. It has a much better feel off road and on than my previous explorer. It still feels tighter than my explorer did when it was new.

real suv
By Xterra fan on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra
By Ken K. on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Have owned an Xterra since October 2000. Has approx. 80000 miles and no major problems so far. It is a fun vehicle to drive. Has been great in the Iowa winters and provides a comfortable, secure ride. It has all of the creature comfort features you need without over doing it. Although there are features I would like to see incorporated in the vehicle, overall I have been very satisfied with it's performance, dependability and looks.

Real SUV for Real Men
By UpstateNY on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I was caught in the Christmas 2002 blizzard on the NY Thruway. Drove 90 miles between Albany and Utica in 4WD and passed hundreds of stuck cars. A lot of them were those Honda CRV type of fake 4WD SUVs. My Xterra got me there without a problem. I even plowed my mother's driveway using my front bumper!

Going on 4 years...
By chowe on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought the 2000 XE V6 4WD and I am impressed with the reliablity and ride after +60K miles. Sure, Gas Mileage could be better, but what are you going to do. My X has capably handled several snowy winters in the last few years and annual trips out on the beach in North Carolina. It has "passable" comfort for long trips, but it certainly isn't a Benz...Then again, there are no SLK's pulling up to the surf on the beach! I've had a couple of little rattles and squeeks, but overall, I am pretty impressed.