2000 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews 6

2000 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

2000 Xterra Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
best "real suv"
By kenneth

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

The 2000 Xterra is infact a true suv.When i mean suv i mean the sport in it. Most suv should be called luv's (luxury utility vehicle)because there not sporty any more.The Xterra isbt your usual take your child to soccer suv. Even though the power plant is small it will push you up the steepest hills and tow your compittion out of the mud.

Favorite Features

its real suv off road go anywere capavility and the fact of no B.S. wooden dash trim and no stuped electronical devices

Suggested Improvements

it would be nice to have an engine option of the 3.5 liter pathfinder engine with an available supercharger, this should be keeped a manual transmission suv

Solid
By Lock

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased the 2000 XE 4WD 6 new in July of 2000. I have had no major problems and have gotten excellent service at the Nissan Dealership when a small problem needed addressing. Overall I rate the ride and comfort to be slightly above average though a bit Noisy on the Highway. I was a little disappointed that no factory leather option was available at the time. This would have added more to the cheap looking interior. Sound System is SUBPAR. Overall it's a solid vehicle.

Favorite Features

The ground clearance and styling are excellent!

Suggested Improvements

Getting in and out of the rear seat can be a bit of a struggle. This needs to be addressed. Needs more power to compliment its size.

My Xterra
By griffin91598

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

I love my Xterra. It is the 2nd SUV I have owned. The only problem I have had with it is 2 hoses for the a/c leaked on it, and I had no a/c in the middle of August! It was also very expensive to fix! I was told that alot of 2000 Xterras had the same problem and I think Nissan should pay for the expenses.

Favorite Features

I love the cargo racks. They have come in handy! Backseat is very roomy, as well!

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of right now!!

sluggish xterra
By juanvaldeziii

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Very sluggish. Very poor gas milage. Glad I sold it.

X-terra
By Kunal Ghosh

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Smooth ride. Sun-roof a little noisy

Favorite Features

The differential seating levels and the space in the back when you put the seats down.

Suggested Improvements

A little better turning ability

Love the Xterra
By mermansk

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV

I bought mine new at first release of 2000 model year. Sole owner. Marathon road trips, city traffic, towing and commuting. Wonderful balance between interior space, utility, horsepower, gas mileage, etc. Family of four traveling regularly. I own the SE version because I don't believe in power everything. I've added power door locks/security system and a towing hitch. Basic maintenance is all I've had to do. Bang for buck, it's on top of the heap.

Favorite Features

Its all purpose utility capabilities. Lots of leg room with folding seats opening into a lot of interior space. Horsepower w/V6 has allowed me to tow a lot.

Suggested Improvements

The interior carpet anchors in the cargo area. They are plastic and pop out with use and time. Weather strip anchoring, loosening after 63K miles.

real suv
By xterra fan

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle with 50k on it. It has been the most fun to drive vehicle I've ever owned. It has a much better feel off road and on than my previous explorer. It still feels tighter than my explorer did when it was new.

Favorite Features

Real transfer case, and plenty of ground clearance. awesome reliability

Suggested Improvements

more gear options, the factory gears make the engine rpm quite high on the highway

real suv
By Xterra fan

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Favorite Features

Real transfer case, and plenty of ground clearance. awesome reliability

2000 Nissan Xterra
By Ken K.

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Have owned an Xterra since October 2000. Has approx. 80000 miles and no major problems so far. It is a fun vehicle to drive. Has been great in the Iowa winters and provides a comfortable, secure ride. It has all of the creature comfort features you need without over doing it. Although there are features I would like to see incorporated in the vehicle, overall I have been very satisfied with it's performance, dependability and looks.

Favorite Features

Extra power outlets are handy. Good visibility. Center console compartment and drink holders get used alot. Rear door size and opening height is nice. Great location on steering wheel for cruise control. Very handy.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly underpowered for highway driving. Tilt wheel pretty unhandy to operate. Sunroof doesn't open with roof basket installed. Poor gas mileage for engine size. Tires are non- standard size. Most tire dealers do not stock them. Factory windshield wipers are poor quality.

Real SUV for Real Men
By UpstateNY

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I was caught in the Christmas 2002 blizzard on the NY Thruway. Drove 90 miles between Albany and Utica in 4WD and passed hundreds of stuck cars. A lot of them were those Honda CRV type of fake 4WD SUVs. My Xterra got me there without a problem. I even plowed my mother's driveway using my front bumper!

Favorite Features

Good rugged looks and feel but still a great ride for the daily commute. Leather seats make a big difference.

Suggested Improvements

Desperately needs a larger/ more powerful engine.