Used 2000 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Xterra Owner
By Xterra owner

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV

I love my Xterra. It has 100,000 miles and I have only had to change the tires, brakes and a couple belts. Nothing huge considering the mileage.

It is very reliable. I drive 80 miles a day and I know I can count on my Xterra.

My only suggestion is more head room in the front and more leg room in the back. It is a small SUV and that is what you get.

Great Car
By X

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I found this vehicle very fun to drive and quite capable both on road and off road. I used the car for everything from road trips, to LA commuting, to Rocky Mountain offroading and it did great. The gas mileage left a bit to be desired, but to be fair, mine was lifted with oversized tires. I was recently in a 20+ car pile up that unfortunately totaled my Nissan, but let me tell you, that car crashed incredibly well. My girlfriend and i were both able to walk away from the accident uninjured. The car took several high speed impacts from other vehicles and even a few walls quite softly. We both believe its safety features saved us. It really was an great car both in driving and in crashing...

Truck based platform, roof rack, large cargo capacity.

The engine makes decent power but it really benefited from the addition of an Airaid intake and a Poweraid throttle body spacer. If you plan on off-roading, i would recommend a 3" Calmini or AC Customs lift and some 32x11.5 BFG's.

KW's
By Kathy Williams

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV XE V6 4dr SUV

I really have enjoyed the car these past 5 years, but it can be a little noisy on the highway. If it could be soundproofed some more it would be great

It's noisy on the highway. If they could control the noise more it would be almost perfect!

Engine problems
By XOwner

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV

We were looking to replace a Jeep CJ when we purchased this SUV. We've really enjoyed it until recently. We've put in $2000 worth of repairs and have now been told that the head gasket has to be replaced - another $2000!!! Ouch! We just paid it off and only has 83,000 miles on it!

We really like the look and ride. Interior is comfortable. Looked at 2006 and they are very bare and boxy!

Reliability! Not looking to Nissan again. Going back to Toyota!

extera tough
By McAlllister duke

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Hello yes it has been a most reliable car . The ride could be better but 4 wheel drive are stiff rides I have been very pleased with it thus far. I would buy another. I am a mechanic and have done nothing but routine maintanice. It is a very stylish ride from the outside. Over all a nice car

I like the body style and the bars on the top other than that there is not much to say

Could inprove ride and power which they have improved the power part the new ones have more horse power. But its ok other then that