2000 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Great at 88K
By dkwngduck on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I've driven lots of cars (field salesperson) and have to say at 3+ years, I still REALLY LIKE this car. Very dependable, solid gas mileage for an SUV, and fun. Towing - I pull two jetski's with no prob. It's a no frills, solid, cost efficient vehicle in a cool looking package. I strongly recommend buying one.

It's my fault I'm not impressed
By naquin on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4dr SUV

This truck provides an excellent view of the road. I have the four cylinder (my fault) and the rear wheel drive (also my fault) I disgusted myself when I discovered that for 20.00 more a month, I could have had the V6, 4wd, power everything truck of my dreams. Don't skimp, or don't buy. Believe me, power door locks, 4WD and extra power would be worth another 100.00 a month.

Not enough power
By Blacksheep on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Good truck if you don't want to use it to tow anything. The design is nice and it is very capable in 4WD. At 140 horses, it just doesn't have enough power. The gas mileage (18-15MPG) should be better. No problems mechanically. Looks nice and design features (cargo netting, rear power point, roof rack, etc.) are useful if you are an out-doors type.

mine
By smeelay44 on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

great! i love it so much!

This is a fun vehicle
By John Levdez on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle with 70,000 miles on it and I have taken it all over the great outdoors and it is more fun than any other vehicle I have ever owned.

Love My SUV!
By Hands On on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV XE V6 4dr SUV

I researched (edmunds.com) this vehicle prior to buying it. I tried several others SUV's because I was afraid of getting a premire SUV. I work as a massage therapist and I travel to my clients. Having a vehicle that accommodates my table. I literally took my table with me in trying out each one. The Xterra, besides accommading my table, has carried many loads of camping gear, groceries, shopping sprees, and so much more.

My Yellow Banana
By Skymaxx on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Xterra! There is plenty of room for me in the front and passengers like the stadium seating in the back. The rear seats are versatile! But they rattle when you drive. My airbags didn't work in an accident. My seatbelt worked and left a red mark on my neck and chest. I have had a recurring problem with the seatbelt light coming on. I have tried to repair it several times. The roof rack would smack against the roof and was really annoying, after the rubber tabs blew off. Of course, the gas mileage is not the best with any SUV, but, since the gas prices have gone up, I feel like I spend most of my time at the pump.

2000 Xterra
By ranavy on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this vehicle. Great for the outdoor enthusiast. Excellent in the snow with the 4WD.

best "real suv"
By kenneth on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

The 2000 Xterra is infact a true suv.When i mean suv i mean the sport in it. Most suv should be called luv's (luxury utility vehicle)because there not sporty any more.The Xterra isbt your usual take your child to soccer suv. Even though the power plant is small it will push you up the steepest hills and tow your compittion out of the mud.

Solid
By Lock on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased the 2000 XE 4WD 6 new in July of 2000. I have had no major problems and have gotten excellent service at the Nissan Dealership when a small problem needed addressing. Overall I rate the ride and comfort to be slightly above average though a bit Noisy on the Highway. I was a little disappointed that no factory leather option was available at the time. This would have added more to the cheap looking interior. Sound System is SUBPAR. Overall it's a solid vehicle.