Used 2000 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

KW's
By Kathy Williams

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV XE V6 4dr SUV

I really have enjoyed the car these past 5 years, but it can be a little noisy on the highway. If it could be soundproofed some more it would be great

It's noisy on the highway. If they could control the noise more it would be almost perfect!

Engine problems
By XOwner

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV

We were looking to replace a Jeep CJ when we purchased this SUV. We've really enjoyed it until recently. We've put in $2000 worth of repairs and have now been told that the head gasket has to be replaced - another $2000!!! Ouch! We just paid it off and only has 83,000 miles on it!

We really like the look and ride. Interior is comfortable. Looked at 2006 and they are very bare and boxy!

Reliability! Not looking to Nissan again. Going back to Toyota!

extera tough
By McAlllister duke

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Hello yes it has been a most reliable car . The ride could be better but 4 wheel drive are stiff rides I have been very pleased with it thus far. I would buy another. I am a mechanic and have done nothing but routine maintanice. It is a very stylish ride from the outside. Over all a nice car

I like the body style and the bars on the top other than that there is not much to say

Could inprove ride and power which they have improved the power part the new ones have more horse power. But its ok other then that

Xterra-Xtreme
By zippy

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I have taken my Xterra from where the waves crash on the shore to the top of snowy mountains. I have yet to get stuck and I have had no maintenance issues. It tows it hauls and is nice to just ride in. My favorite places is to take it out on the beach at the Outer Banks of NC and to the drive, drop down the back seats, lay out some blankets and enjoy a good show.

Roof rack, 4 wheel drive any where you want to go, the running boards, and the lines (the shape of the vehicle).

The things I wish were different; that the driver's seat was more comfortable, that mine had a stronger engine (already corrected in newer models) and that it would get better gas mileage. But 21 mpg isn't bad for a SUV. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Still going strong at 115k
By Great SUV

2000 Nissan Xterra SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV's great. Not anything like JD Power's review. Practical, fun, low maintenance. Just do the maintenance and everything works fine. Still a very tight sounding vehicle 5 years and 100k+ miles later. Not too many vehicles can pull that off.

Everything you like if you are drawn to the Xterra look.

The usual - more power, goes through front brakes somewhat faster than normal, better turning radius, air dam on roof vibrates on highway (I took mine off). Mechanically, I replaced two Oxygen sensors and a radiator (small leak) - that's it.