2000 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Former Jeep Guy
By tiger2312 on 06/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

When i got tired of my loud,hard to deal with jeep wrangler I was looking at the grand cherokees but fell in love with the style of the nissan Xterra! I love my 2000 Xterra. Get one equipped with V6 and 4WD. Also be sure to get the power package, I noticed some have the manual roll up windows (like my wrangler did) I do not miss my wrangler like I thought I would. I love my Nissan Xterra (solar yellow with over sized tires and greay leather seats make it my dream vehicle!) Test drove a 2000 jeep grand cherokee which cost $4,500 more than the Xterra and had basic cloth seating. Very happy with my purchase so far!

out and about where you can't find me!!
By The Chadd on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I am or better yet "WAS" a die hard 4- runner fan. Now after the luxury craze took over our beloved suv's I had to look else where to replace my 1993 4- runner with the same ruggedness that an suv should have. The Xterra fit the mold perfectly. The Xterra has been everything my older 4-runner was and more.

2nd Nissan, still in love
By gramps on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

live in Kalamazoo, MI; purchased from MA. It's been as far as (MA,) NV and FL; of course never a problem. Actually, when I bought Nissan Sentra in 1990; I'm now on my FOURTEENTH YEAR without any repairs thanks to Nissan. Enjoyable to drive, backseat riders like the comfort. Durable interior, running boards (pipes) that absorbed being T-boned, starts every winter, fast HOT heating system, decent gas mileage for SUV- just a great truck. I have stick-shift & 4WD; winter driving no problem. Tows like it's not towing.

dont buy one
By crap on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

I would not recommend buying a nissan xterra. The plastic bumper turns white, the buttons on the radio come loose, the paint on the buttons to the radio lasted 2 years, shift gear broken, driver seat uncomfortable, entire car not quality made. I can't wait to trade in to buy a toyota. This is my first nissan, I miss my toyota.

My X Rock's HARD!!!
By microserf on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I've driven my XterraSEV64x4 from Atlanta, GA, to San Francisco, CA and back, TWICE. I've driven my X from San Francisco to Tahoe for skiing trips, up to Napa Valley numerous times, all over the Sunshine State from Pensacola on over to Jacksonville, Gainesville, Orlando and Miami and back numerous times. I've driven up in the north Georgia mountains in Helen, GA. Cruised throught the quaint germantowns, as well as the crazy rocky trails up to Amicalola Falls.

Great SUV
By fishman on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Everything you need, nothing you don't. Perfect car for fun or solid for the whole family, with safety rating and child lock seats. Perfect for the young Dad or an outdoorsman.

XTERRA
By DD214 on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IT EXCEPT THE GAS MILEAGE WHICH IS 14-15 IN SUMMER USING A/C. GETS ABOUT 20-21 ON THE ROAD W/ AIR CONDITIONING ON. NOT GOOD FOR SMALL WOMEN OR WOMEN W/SHORT LEGS.

Almost 5 Years and Still Running
By bharris on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

July 2004 will be my 5-year anniversary of owning my 2000 Xterra XE 4WD V6. I am on my 3rd set of front brakes and original rear brakes. I replaced the stock BF Goodrich Long Trails at about 65,000 miles with Goodyear Forteras. I replaced the battery around the same time and have just recently noticed the upper radiator hose has been leaking coolant under pressure. The body still looks good although the plastic has faded over the years. The interior still looks great. I'm averaging around 14- 15 MPG. Overall I’m very pleased but would not buy another Xterra just because I don’t use or need it’s off road capability.

beats the hell out of my pathfinder
By auger on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck is FUN! I've had it for about 3 weeks and I love it.

GREAT SUV but, glad I got the 5spd!
By Reggie on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this SUV! The look is GREAT and seeing other XTerra owners around town makes you feel part of click! We live in CO and go to the mtns frequently. The 4X4 capability is great over rocks and thru creek beds. Long distance travel is nice but a little cramped! My complaint, as is most peoples, NO POWER!! I was wise and found a 5spd and love it. It's great on the hwy going up the mtns. Maybe in a couple yrs I'll buy the supercharged version! I would recommend it to anyone!!