2000 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Exceeds Expectation
By Tomtiger on 12/30/09 19:07 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV

I bought this vehicle for it's looks a few weeks after its first introduction into US market in 1999 and I have to say that it has served my family extremely well. My wife primarily drives this truck. Other than normal maintenance, A/C compressor was the only major thing I had spent money on in it's fist seven years. Is being TEN YEARS now going ELEVEN that i've owned this truck. It has about 190000 miles and still running strong as ever. I will buy another one if Nissan ever decide to make it to accommodate a third row seat.

i miss mine two
By chonseydsa on 12/13/09 22:30 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I loved my 2000 Nissan xterra in silver it had about 190,000 miles on it when I recently totaled it in a accident on Thursday. I also had the problem of the airbags not going off but overall it was a great truck I'm hoping to get another one with my insurance money and buy one with lower mileage. It was tons of fun I miss mine so much.

Miss mine too
By Kangel Davis on 10/04/09 16:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV

I loved this vehicle also like the review below...mine also was totaled in an accident by a speeder. Not a scratch built to last & safety a plus. With 141,000 still going strong. The only prob;em my air bag did not go off & being hit at 50 oops something went wrong...otherwise the best I every owned & now looking to replace...with yep another Xterra

Excellent SUV
By TBA on 06/16/09 11:11 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought new in 2000, before wife and kid. Most reliable ever, currently 180k miles. Need only routine maintenace. No fancy bells and whisles, just a simple SUV that can take on almost anything. However, with another kid on the way, I may finally have to part with it.

Great suv
By Ben Killion on 09/07/08 08:49 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

Bought with 90000 miles and it's now at 185000. And besides a driver window switch that I bought from eBay I have done nothing but routine and preventative maintenance, i.e., timing belt replaced.

2000 Xterra Still Going Strong
By clgd3 on 03/17/08 07:08 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my Nissan Xterra since I bought it new in 2000. I have not had any problems at all mechanically. I have the oil changed every 3000 to 5000 miles. The only thing that has been replaced a couple of times has been the battery. Other than that it has been a great vehicle. I am even thinking about buying a 2008 or 2009 when I'm ready to buy another vehicle. I've been totally happy with my Xterra the past 8 years. I have read that some people have had problems with rust forming on the exterior. I noticed some rust that appeared to form in the paint but with occasional waxing it inhibited any corrosion. Overall the best vehicle I've owned.

Simple but great
By xterra canada on 10/07/07 20:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

You get exactly what you pay for with the Xterra. It's hardy, functional, cool looking and reliable. Servicing really started at 125,000 kms at which time most bits started to come apart. Keyless entry, shocks, clutch, muffler, power windows, a/c all needed either partial or full replacement. I did miss some of the luxuries of upscale models. Overall a great buy.

What a great little SUV.
By Lily on 09/13/07 11:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

My wife and I purchased this Xterra almost 7 years ago (when we had no kids) and it was worth the price. We finally paid it off and it has been a very reliable vehicle. It is very comfortable on long and short trips with the family. A family of 4 will fit comfortably. As I am now finding out, 3 in the back seat is a little too snug. Other than that I think 7 years ago we made a good decision that we still own today with over 81,000 miles on it. Other than one recall from the dealership, we have had no problems at all. In the future we probably would be better off with 3rd row seating. Other than that I would keep it.

Xterra Owner
By Xterra owner on 03/10/07 18:10 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV

I love my Xterra. It has 100,000 miles and I have only had to change the tires, brakes and a couple belts. Nothing huge considering the mileage.

Great Car
By X on 02/26/07 11:50 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I found this vehicle very fun to drive and quite capable both on road and off road. I used the car for everything from road trips, to LA commuting, to Rocky Mountain offroading and it did great. The gas mileage left a bit to be desired, but to be fair, mine was lifted with oversized tires. I was recently in a 20+ car pile up that unfortunately totaled my Nissan, but let me tell you, that car crashed incredibly well. My girlfriend and i were both able to walk away from the accident uninjured. The car took several high speed impacts from other vehicles and even a few walls quite softly. We both believe its safety features saved us. It really was an great car both in driving and in crashing...