Used 2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Xterra

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

200K miles on my 00 X
By calabash_72

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

Well, I bought my 2000 Nissan Xterra in 2003, shortly after my baby girl was born and I needed 4 doors instead of my extend cab suicide doors on my Silverado. I am going on 12 years owning and 200,000 miles. The cons-bad gas mileage, avg 12-14mpg, cold air intake gave me +1mpg. Really underpowered. Only thing is @ 145k my timing belt broke, supposed to change @ 125k anyway. Distributor went out @ 195k. Other than that, just normal maint wear and tear. I cannot really complain on cost of repairs since there have been so few.

Favorite Features

Beast mode in 4wd. Great in snow as long as you have decent tires, have had bad tires and will go good in snow in 4wd. I did install a K&N cold air intake and it helps just a tad w/power and +a couple on MPG.

Suggested Improvements

I wish they would have used the Pathfinder motor in this year model. Would love a supercharger. Front seat not the most comfy.

260000
By themazemaker

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

My wife bought her xterra brand new in 2000. have had some minor issues with it till it hit 250000 and had to have the tranny rebuilt. Must say that is awsume. having an overheating issue now and trying to track it down. usually when the Air is on it overheats but have not had any other issues to speak of. Love this Vehicle. Will buy another someday when this one goes to the car graveyard lol. it didn't give me an option for saying its an Automatic just manual.

Trusted and Reliable
By Clyde in Chatt Town

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

We have owned our Xterra since 2000 when we bought it new. Now, just rolling over 180,000 miles, it has never been in the shop for more than a check-up. Routine oil changes and new plugs, wires, and fluids at 100,000 miles is all that has ever been done. Recently had the air go out, but after ten years and 180,000 miles I have no complaints with the build quality on this one! If you're looking at buying one used, I would not be intimidated by high miles. Certainly mine has been super-reliable so far, and I would not hesitate to take it on long trips. Super reliable!

Favorite Features

Edgy looks at the time. Great ground clearance, good off road performance, and great reliability!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is just okay. Interior in 2000 was simple. I've seen newer models where this has improved. The target consumers and use for this vehicle make super luxury interiors seem silly. Go outdoors, get dirty, have fun with Nissan!

Great suv
By Ben Killion

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

Bought with 90000 miles and it's now at 185000. And besides a driver window switch that I bought from eBay I have done nothing but routine and preventative maintenance, i.e., timing belt replaced.

Favorite Features

car like handling, small 3.3 tows boats well.

Suggested Improvements

offer more luxury interior options.

KW's
By Kathy Williams

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

I really have enjoyed the car these past 5 years, but it can be a little noisy on the highway. If it could be soundproofed some more it would be great

Suggested Improvements

It's noisy on the highway. If they could control the noise more it would be almost perfect!