2000 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
260000
By themazemaker on 06/17/11 12:47 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

My wife bought her xterra brand new in 2000. have had some minor issues with it till it hit 250000 and had to have the tranny rebuilt. Must say that is awsume. having an overheating issue now and trying to track it down. usually when the Air is on it overheats but have not had any other issues to speak of. Love this Vehicle. Will buy another someday when this one goes to the car graveyard lol. it didn't give me an option for saying its an Automatic just manual.

Trusted and Reliable
By Clyde in Chatt Town on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

We have owned our Xterra since 2000 when we bought it new. Now, just rolling over 180,000 miles, it has never been in the shop for more than a check-up. Routine oil changes and new plugs, wires, and fluids at 100,000 miles is all that has ever been done. Recently had the air go out, but after ten years and 180,000 miles I have no complaints with the build quality on this one! If you're looking at buying one used, I would not be intimidated by high miles. Certainly mine has been super-reliable so far, and I would not hesitate to take it on long trips. Super reliable!

Great suv
By Ben Killion on 09/07/08 08:49 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

Bought with 90000 miles and it's now at 185000. And besides a driver window switch that I bought from eBay I have done nothing but routine and preventative maintenance, i.e., timing belt replaced.

KW's
By Kathy Williams on 09/25/06 15:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

I really have enjoyed the car these past 5 years, but it can be a little noisy on the highway. If it could be soundproofed some more it would be great

Im Lovin it
By Max Munson on 05/23/05 22:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

If you don't mind driving a rugged SUV, this car rocks. I expected a bumpy ride, as it's built on a truck frame. In my opinion , the bumpiness combined with my 5-speed manual transmission makes my X-Terra very fun to drive.

dont buy one
By crap on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

I would not recommend buying a nissan xterra. The plastic bumper turns white, the buttons on the radio come loose, the paint on the buttons to the radio lasted 2 years, shift gear broken, driver seat uncomfortable, entire car not quality made. I can't wait to trade in to buy a toyota. This is my first nissan, I miss my toyota.

Love My SUV!
By Hands On on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

I researched (edmunds.com) this vehicle prior to buying it. I tried several others SUV's because I was afraid of getting a premire SUV. I work as a massage therapist and I travel to my clients. Having a vehicle that accommodates my table. I literally took my table with me in trying out each one. The Xterra, besides accommading my table, has carried many loads of camping gear, groceries, shopping sprees, and so much more.

My Xterra
By griffin91598 on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

I love my Xterra. It is the 2nd SUV I have owned. The only problem I have had with it is 2 hoses for the a/c leaked on it, and I had no a/c in the middle of August! It was also very expensive to fix! I was told that alot of 2000 Xterras had the same problem and I think Nissan should pay for the expenses.

This is the best car ever!
By Lindsey on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

This car is one of the best cars I have owned in a long time! When this car gets old (which shouldn't be soon), I will just get another Xterra. They are great dependable cars and very reliable for any needs. I would recommend them.

A Real SUV, not a Soccer Mom Mobile!
By Ardie86 on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

Now this is an SUV! From the first day I saw the XTerra, I knew that was the SUV I wanted and could easily afford. The truck's been great. I live in the mountains and the XTerra's made my life so much easier. Mudslide? What mudslide? Snow? No problem. Could use a bit more power to climb the hills, but turning off the overdrive gives continued power and saves the brakes on the downhill. I also make 500-mile road trips to see family and we always choose to take the X. Smooth ride. Plenty of space for people and cargo. Mileage isn't bad on highway. Friends love it. Think it looks cool. Two have gone on to purchased an XTerra.